Security Installer Community

Too Good To Be True?

Amps

Borrowed one of those gold coloured ones from a guy on a site recently, he had a set of 3 lin a little wooden box, looked the same (longer than usual )

Was sharp and it worked ok for a dozen or so 20mm holes, dunno how long they'll stay that way though, but for the price, i'd say its worth a punt. especially if like me, you only ever seem to use em on plastic IP boxes.

We buy the 20mm gold coloured jobby from CPC, about a tenner, they last for ages and you don't mind too much if you lose one at that price.

Fire Member

Guest old-hand
Borrowed one of those gold coloured ones from a guy on a site recently, he had a set of 3 lin a little wooden box, looked the same (longer than usual )

Was sharp and it worked ok for a dozen or so 20mm holes, dunno how long they'll stay that way though, but for the price, i'd say its worth a punt. especially if like me, you only ever seem to use em on plastic IP boxes.

Agreed, on plastic they last a lifetime. Personally I was talking about loads of holes thru 12mm steel. From 6mm to 25mm diameter.

Then you will see the difference.

cheers

Agreed, on plastic they last a lifetime. Personally I was talking about loads of holes thru 12mm steel. From 6mm to 25mm diameter.

Then you will see the difference.

cheers

Actually the one I borrowed I used to put a couple of holes in Altron towers. mostly they get used for plastic boxes, or tin walls etc, but not soley for that.

Archived