Security Installer Community

Surveyor S1 Fire Panel

Hi all,

My first post on here so hopefully I'll include all the relevant info, if not feel free to flame !

I recently extended a fire alarm circuit on a 'Surveyor S1' fire panel and now need an end of line resistor to match the panel. The panel appears to be well past its best (very old) and searching on the web hasnt revealed any more information.

Have any of you more experienced installers ever seen one of these panels and know the specific type of resistor I would need ? And if so, where would you suggest sourcing one ?

I'm beginning to think that a panel upgrade is needed !

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Hi all,

My first post on here so hopefully I'll include all the relevant info, if not feel free to flame !

I recently extended a fire alarm circuit on a 'Surveyor S1' fire panel and now need an end of line resistor to match the panel. The panel appears to be well past its best (very old) and searching on the web hasnt revealed any more information.

Have any of you more experienced installers ever seen one of these panels and know the specific type of resistor I would need ? And if so, where would you suggest sourcing one ?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Is this a light tan colour with big fire and fault indicators? They were solid panels indeed!

I don't know off the top of my head but 10k is a good one to try.

Maybe get a few 1k resistors and series them up until you clear the fault?

Unless anyone knows the correct value?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Stick a meter on another zone and see what value you get , you might have to have a mooch to trace it down if is not a resistor to try and match it . If there is no head removal you need to have out any diodes on the detectors.

Luggsey's comment is right on most old panels 10k on old favorite , or 4k7 6k8.

Stick a meter on another zone and see what value you get , you might have to have a mooch to trace it down if is not a resistor to try and match it . If there is no head removal you need to have out any diodes on the detectors.

This would be my shout too.

AFAICR, pretty well all the Haes panels use a 10k resistor as EOL.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

I was supposing S1 was single zone? Maybe not, loooonng time ago I worked on one! :)

OP you will need a standard type resistor of 1/4 watt carbon type, maplins is a good place to source this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I was supposing S1 was single zone? Maybe not, loooonng time ago I worked on one! :)

OP you will need a standard type resistor of 1/4 watt carbon type, maplins is a good place to source this?

or tait components Baird street Glasgow next to chubb fire, depends where in Scotland you are.

'I recently extended a fire alarm circuit on a 'Surveyor S1' fire panel and now need an end of line resistor to match the panel'

I don't need Maplins , just check the hose to the pump on the washing machine , I normally find various electrical components there that once was in my jeans , and if I'm lucky enough change for breakfast. :rolleyes:

Fairly sure the S1 was a multizone panel, as I don't recall many single zone Haes panels, TBH.

It may have been the 1000 series though that I'm thinking of.

Either way, I'm fairly sure that Haes has stuck with 10k as an end of line value throughout, since their first panel in the early 70s.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Hi Anthony - the Haes Surveyor S1 E.O.l is 4K7 - Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived