Security Installer Community

Which Terminal ?

bsw2600

Hi,

I have a SolarGuard SG4000 wireless system to which I need to add an additional siren. The problem is that the system is 418mHz and the new siren, SolarGuard SG-1100-T, is 434mHz but comes with its own transmitter which claims to be compatible with all standard wired or wireless panels. The board in the SG4000 has the facility to add a wired siren but the terminals are marked V+, Gnd, O/P & I/P whilst the terminals on the siren transmitter are marked Siren, V+, Gnd & Tamper.

My question is which do I connect to O/P & I/P.

I'm guessing Siren to O/P and Tamper to I/P but would appreciate confirmation or correction.

I would really appreciate your help because AEI Security & Communication Ltd who sell the Solar Guard system do not answer their phone - even the Sales line - nor reply to emails. Perhaps they have become a victim of the recession.

Thanks

bsw

Guest RJBsec

Don't know the system but industry wide the 'norm' would be o/p = output i/p = input, so I am guessing that your assumption is correct.

Don't know the system but industry wide the 'norm' would be o/p = output i/p = input, so I am guessing that your assumption is correct.

Thanks for quick reply. I came to the same conclusion as to the meaning of o/p & i/p but it's good to get if confirmed by someone in the trade. Many thanks.

bsw

Archived