Security Installer Community

Apollo Sounder Beacons Xp95

Hi

I am commissioning a job at that moment , which i have found when testing the sounders 2 of the 4 loops are coming up as open cct on load.

The panel is an advanced MX4400 with loop sounder beacons with isolators on every detector with about 30 loop sounders per loop.

However i could no carry on testing and look into it further as the site would not let me at the time.

However I am going back Wednesday to look into it further.

Has anyone else come accross these issues and what was the result

Thanks Brendan

Hi

I am commissioning a job at that moment , which i have found when testing the sounders 2 of the 4 loops are coming up as open cct on load.

The panel is an advanced MX4400 with loop sounder beacons with isolators on every detector with about 30 loop sounders per loop.

However i could no carry on testing and look into it further as the site would not let me at the time.

Thanks Brendan

Apart from checking the obvious terminations did all the sounders on the faulty loop work ok? Possible faulty loop sounder going faulty on load. To minimise disruption to site unplug the other loops to check system. - Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Hi

Thanks Brendan

How many detection devices do you have on the affected loops comapred with the non-affected ones? Are you close to loop limits?

There used to be issues with addressing of some of the apollo devices on Advanced panels - in that if you addressed devices in a certain range, where you also had loop sounders, it would refuse to see some of them, or would throw up issues like you mention.

As per, it is also possibly a termination issue somewhere too.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Hi

Thanks Brendan

Hi , you didnt mention how many other devices are on the loop or which type of sounder beacons you have,worth mentioning

because one type Apollo make draws the best part of 10ma which if there are 30 is 300ma ,and since you are limited to 500ma on an mx440, might be worth looking at.Also Im not sure on the mx but you should be able to operate the sounders and beacons independently via the cause and effects on the panel,if you try that at least it will let you know if its a loading issue or just a duff isolator.of which its all too common a problem.best of luck

I ve tested all the devices on the system yesterday and everything was fine no faults occurred.

I spent 2 hrs testing the devices with the sounders on all the time , which is a relief

The sounders according to apollo spec draw 8ma with a max of 30 devices on the loop which is well within limits.

out of interest global fire equivlant sounders draw 5ma each much more efficent

Archived