Security Installer Community

Hour Rate Or Point System?

marx

I cant see how anyone no matter how good can correctly install 8 zones in 8 hours on a domestic

We give 3.4 hours for the panel, and 1.7 hours per device (is sab, pir, etc) average domestic is 2 man days well is for us

On them times I'd like to work for you

Manchester based Lee 07709 736 987

www.secure-solutions.info

Yes but when I worked to this scheme it was the early 80s in rural Lincolnshire.

We were an NSCIA company and rarely did small domestics, they were all bloody great farm houses and PIRs cost a fortune in those days, it was contacts on all doors and maybe 1 or 2 PIRs.

Wow - and Noah still sailed in his ark too! See, that was when an ark was a boat, an arc was part of a circle, and you sent your signals to a central station!!!

How things change.

Those one or two PIRS both went on the "part set" circuit, and the rest went on the main zone, I'm betting too.....ah the days. Nothing wrong wit hthe good ol' BS80, or the upgrade - the BS80/2.....

The scheme was really put in place to help surveyors cost the job because otherwise they would go in too cheap to compete against the local cowboys!

Now, there's the thing - most "points" schemes I've come across were purely service pricing indicators, and most "timings" were there for pricing. Simple rule was, you took a quarter off the surveyor's time and told the engineer or subbie that was what was in the job - e.g. surveyor prices 16 hours, you tell the lads 12. It was a hard business in those days......

But, after all of that, and two and a half decades of sightseeing in this fine vocation of ours, I'm more convinced than ever that the only system that works consistently is one which encourages quality, rather than kwality, skill, rather than skil, and pride rather than ego. No, I haven't found it yet either, but working on it.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Archived