Security Installer Community

Weird Going Ons

Hi forum this is one of my first posts but I thought as I've got a lot of heads together someone could come up with an explanation to a situation we encountered last year.

Theres a village near us where we have about six customers, out of about 100 or so houses. Not so long ago one morning three of these alarms false alarmed within 3 mins of each other having been previously trouble free for many years. Three different types of panel, an ademco, dsc and a menvier. False alarmed from the hall detector in all three houses which are all optex rx40qz's. We guessed it could have been a voltage spike or something possibly? We didn't put in any extra filters and theres no problems since. Very odd! These houses are seperate sides of the village as well - coincidence? And why would it be the hall detector?!

Trade Member

i've worked on the odd building site that has mains straight off the posts until a substation is built. 7 Alarms falsed one night, all at the same time after scrutinising the log yet the houses at the other side of the road that had been built years before hand, had no problems whatsoever.

I only came to the mains conclusion when the site forman said all the new houses had temporary mains.

Tony

ACE.gif

Overhead mains are not temporay mains :-)

The HV network is where lightning strikes, and this gets carried down the network until it hits a surge supressor (which dips the voltage). The HV network can be several miles long, so a lightning strike in a town several miles away could result in a spike in the LV network where your panels are.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived