Security Installer Community

Morley Zx5e

Hi guys-Ive came accross this panel with faults on it. panel scrolling 3n.o prealarms

1&2 n.o faults i think are detects.

Detectors hve 2 flashing leds on each side r these Morley type?does this mean i hve to change detectors or can i just get the hoover to them? cheers guys! :unsure:

If they're not Apollo then they'll be Morley IAS heads (installed by BPS or Crane communications?).

Their shouldn't be faults up if they are just pre-alarms though.

apply for trade membership mate, it's free you know.

I don't advise hoovering/cleaning smoke detectors.

if they are contaminated they need factory refurbished or replaced & replaced id probably more economical as it's doen in one visit and doesn't leave the system missing detectors forweeks.

Hi guys-Ive came accross this panel with faults on it. panel scrolling 3n.o prealarms

1&2 n.o faults i think are detects.

Detectors hve 2 flashing leds on each side r these Morley type?does this mean i hve to change detectors or can i just get the hoover to them? cheers guys! :unsure:

If they are all pre-alarms just take them out and blow them through. Then put them backl and check the analogue value to make sure they are back to normal. If they are no reply you need to change them. If 2 detectors have the lights on then you have possible 1 no reply and 1 double address. Remove the one indicating no reply and either try putting it back or you need to replace it then you are ok to reset.

Pete ---- If you have anymore problems on the Morley give me a call

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Sorry Mat your right just prealarms, also are these heads addressible do they hve there own unique number?think they do?

apply for trade membership mate, it's free you know.

I don't advise hoovering/cleaning smoke detectors.

if they are contaminated they need factory refurbished or replaced & replaced id probably more economical as it's doen in one visit and doesn't leave the system missing detectors forweeks.

cheers Chorlton will do!!!

If they are all pre-alarms just take them out and blow them through. Then put them backl and check the analogue value to make sure they are back to normal. If they are no reply you need to change them. If 2 detectors have the lights on then you have possible 1 no reply and 1 double address. Remove the one indicating no reply and either try putting it back or you need to replace it then you are ok to reset.

Pete ---- If you have anymore problems on the Morley give me a call

Ok Pete cheers!

Sorry Mat your right just prealarms, also are these heads addressible do they hve there own unique number?think they do?

cheers Chorlton will do!!!

Yes,the Morley is an addressable panel and so (in most cass) all field devices are addressable so will have their own address.

Apollo discovery have twin LED's,Morley IAs have twin LED's - it'll be one of these depending who installed it over here.

TBH,there's nowt wrong with cleaning them with a vacuum cleaner,particularly in dusty enviroments (unless you want to clock up the chargeble spares!!).

From Apollos guide -

"In order to ensure that a fire detection system functions correctly, it is important that detectors are regularly inspected visually in addition to functional testing.

Detectors which appear dirty on the outside are likely to be dirty on the inside. These can be cleaned without dismantling by using a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment, which will remove light dust deposites. The detector case can be cleaned with a cloth dampened with a solution of washing up liquid. Cleaning should be followed by functional testing."

Yes,the Morley is an addressable panel and so (in most cass) all field devices are addressable so will have their own address.

Apollo discovery have twin LED's,Morley IAs have twin LED's - it'll be one of these depending who installed it over here.

TBH,there's nowt wrong with cleaning them with a vacuum cleaner,particularly in dusty enviroments (unless you want to clock up the chargeble spares!!).

From Apollos guide -

"In order to ensure that a fire detection system functions correctly, it is important that detectors are regularly inspected visually in addition to functional testing.

Detectors which appear dirty on the outside are likely to be dirty on the inside. These can be cleaned without dismantling by using a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment, which will remove light dust deposites. The detector case can be cleaned with a cloth dampened with a solution of washing up liquid. Cleaning should be followed by functional testing."

OK.Mat also when i arrived at this panel there had been a head and base removed on a zone with connector blocks which was not connected to the school but was a boiler/switchroom plus other room ,and has been lleft ike this for ages done by suppose senior older eng pardon my french but he is a wXXXXer. instead of just leaving the system like this could he not hve just isolated one s/d instead of the whole zone as now nothing is protected prob like this for atleast a year now if not more. would this cause pre alarm n.o 3 whic is wiring fault on loop 1. :ranting:

OK.Mat also when i arrived at this panel there had been a head and base removed on a zone with connector blocks which was not connected to the school but was a boiler/switchroom plus other room ,and has been lleft ike this for ages done by suppose senior older eng pardon my french but he is a wXXXXer. instead of just leaving the system like this could he not hve just isolated one s/d instead of the whole zone as now nothing is protected prob like this for atleast a year now if not more. would this cause pre alarm n.o 3 whic is wiring fault on loop 1. :ranting:

You're losing me a bit here Blitz on how a whole "zone" has been disconnected by one bypass - if the field wiring is in connector blocks then continuity will have been maintained,regardless of whether it's an addressable or non addressable system

You're losing me a bit here Blitz on how a whole "zone" has been disconnected by one bypass - if the field wiring is in connector blocks then continuity will have been maintained,regardless of whether it's an addressable or non addressable system

Engineer has removed dectector due to ongoing false alarms and then has but a whole zone into disablement because of this.

Engineer has removed dectector due to ongoing false alarms and then has but a whole zone into disablement because of this.

The engineer programmed the zone out of the system after physically bypassing the detector - doesn't make any sense!

You sure he is a fire engineer and not a plumber??

Archived