Security Installer Community

Introduction

dobz55

Hi all,

very new here name is dobz, I have absolutely no knowledge of the security systems etc ,i but I am here because I am in a mess at home with my system and seeking help, I am a logistics controller, have 2 magnificant staffies, a wife and 4 step kids, and 3 sons by my first marriage, I am 53 (yep I know old ) , i work hard am paying off a brand new morgage and carn,t afford to get the pro,s in to help me,

my problem is this,

We have a networkx NX4/8 security system fitted in our house with fire detection included, any way the stupid fire alarm keeps going off and several zones are always flashing, I have noticed that the service light is now on, it may be that the back up battery is flat, so I wish to check it, but when we bought the place the old owners left us some instructions and one of them says the main control panel door has a tamper alarm so I am not game to open it, can some one please tell me how to disarm this so as that I can check the back up battery ,

regards

Dobz

Hi all,

very new here name is dobz, I have absolutely no knowledge of the security systems etc ,i but I am here because I am in a mess at home with my system and seeking help, I am a logistics controller, have 2 magnificant staffies, a wife and 4 step kids, and 3 sons by my first marriage, I am 53 (yep I know old ) , i work hard am paying off a brand new morgage and carn,t afford to get the pro,s in to help me,

my problem is this,

We have a networkx NX4/8 security system fitted in our house with fire detection included, any way the stupid fire alarm keeps going off and several zones are always flashing, I have noticed that the service light is now on, it may be that the back up battery is flat, so I wish to check it, but when we bought the place the old owners left us some instructions and one of them says the main control panel door has a tamper alarm so I am not game to open it, can some one please tell me how to disarm this so as that I can check the back up battery ,

regards

Dobz

open lid internal sounder/buzzer will activate, enter user code to silence, close lid, enter code to set system, then enter code again to abort setting and all should be clear :)

Archived