Security Installer Community

Sd1+

amicus

Hi Am trying to fit sd1+ dialer to ade compact panel.Can have alarm working ok,or dialer working,but not together.I have connected triger from panel to B,and into C on sd1.The dialer works but the alarm box does not operate correctly.Without the sd1 its fine.The manual mentions about a 1K resistor to be fit in some circumstances.Am i wired right and were would the legs of this resister go.Many thanks Humble Electrician.

Hi Am trying to fit sd1+ dialer to ade compact panel.Can have alarm working ok,or dialer working,but not together.I have connected triger from panel to B,and into C on sd1.The dialer works but the alarm box does not operate correctly.Without the sd1 its fine.The manual mentions about a 1K resistor to be fit in some circumstances.Am i wired right and were would the legs of this resister go.Many thanks Humble Electrician.

What do you mean by this bit? Do you mean the external sounder doesn't sound when the SD1 is connected?

Yes The external sounder does not operate,only very low.

I'm assuming that you are using the bell output from the panle to trigger the SD1?

The SD1 manual says that it is possible to get sounder problems if you use this method but putting the 1 k resitor between +supply and the trigger input should resolve it. Also make sure that your SD1 is set to - trigger (link on PCB)

Yes Trigger from Bell output (B) in compact panel to C in sd1.So if i bridge 12v+ and my input C in sd1 with 1k this should do the trick.

Thanks for help.I will try when back on site.That face was meant to be (B)

Yes it should be ok but do check that link on the PCB is set to negative trigger.

Archived