Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800 (i Think?)

bogflogger

Hi everyone,

Before I start I am not (as you'll probably gather) an alarm engineer. I've just taken over a property that has a scantronic 9800 key pad and I think it has a scantronic box with a versus redcare system.

The previous owner had a contract with ADT that is now defunct. The redcare is not operational.

I have the old users access codes to enable and disable the alarm plus I was given an engineers code that I was told would work if I had problems.

Well I have problems!!

The service and fault lights are constantly illuminated and I am getting EF, rr, t4 error codes. I cannot clear the panel and reset the system.

I've tried the engineers code and it does not work.

I don't really want to get ADT out as I've had dealings with them before and not been that impressed (the engineers were excellent though!!)

After some research on the internet I've tried resetting the system and removing the NVM chip but with no success.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

A local installation company should be able to default the system for you and re-programme it as necessary. It probably will be in need of a service and battery replacement so it would be money well spent to combine this in a single engineer visit.

A local installation company should be able to default the system for you and re-programme it as necessary. It probably will be in need of a service and battery replacement so it would be money well spent to combine this in a single engineer visit.

I was hoping to get it up and running tonight, tall order I know, I've had some suspicious 'customers' in the showroom today.

I don't really want to get ADT out as I've had dealings with them before and not been that impressed (the engineers were excellent though!!)

Sounds like you need an excellent engineer! ASAP.

Give them a call - the devil you know! (or call local firm as posted).

Archived