Security Installer Community

Galaxy G3 To Old Bell Box

woodpecker

Hi folks,

I am in the process of wiring in a Galaxy G3 and need to temporarily connect it to the old bell box, the old box is wired to the old panel with Bell+, Bell-, SCB 0, SCB RT, and STR -VE.

I believe the SCB 0 and RT is the tamper circuit? If so do I wire this to the G3 Aux Tamp or do I wire it to a zone and set it to 24 Hours?

I believe the STR -VE is a negative strobe signal, do I wire this to a G3 output and program it as Negative? I notice in the G3 manual that output 1002 is default strobe using an SPCO relay, should I use this?

Then I am left with the Bell+ and Bell-, these seem to need a permant 12V else the siren sounds, do I just wire Bell- to 0V and Bell+ to output 1001 which seems to be default Bells with normal state positve.

Thanks,

Andy.

Hi folks,

I am in the process of wiring in a Galaxy G3 and need to temporarily connect it to the old bell box, the old box is wired to the old panel with Bell+, Bell-, SCB 0, SCB RT, and STR -VE.

I believe the SCB 0 and RT is the tamper circuit? If so do I wire this to the G3 Aux Tamp or do I wire it to a zone and set it to 24 Hours?

I believe the STR -VE is a negative strobe signal, do I wire this to a G3 output and program it as Negative? I notice in the G3 manual that output 1002 is default strobe using an SPCO relay, should I use this?

Then I am left with the Bell+ and Bell-, these seem to need a permant 12V else the siren sounds, do I just wire Bell- to 0V and Bell+ to output 1001 which seems to be default Bells with normal state positve.

Thanks,

Andy.

SCB 0 goes to the permanent negative terminal (furthest right on the bottom edge of the board), RT goes to the Aux Tamp input next to that. STR goes to any output programmed as Strobe, Bell - goes to any output programmed as Bells. Bell + needs to go to a permanent 12v supply, not an output. The most convieniant one to use would be the one in the middle of all the output terminals.

Trade Member

• 2 weeks later...
SCB 0 goes to the permanent negative terminal (furthest right on the bottom edge of the board), RT goes to the Aux Tamp input next to that. STR goes to any output programmed as Strobe, Bell - goes to any output programmed as Bells. Bell + needs to go to a permanent 12v supply, not an output. The most convieniant one to use would be the one in the middle of all the output terminals.

Thanks for the reply, just got it wired up and it works fine.

Archived