Security Installer Community

Nvm Card On Gent 3400

There's a fault on NVM 14 card of Gent 3400 but the loop is fine and all devices are working. Tested all outstations and alarm is registering prefectly. cannot make the panel healthy since the fault cannot be resetted. is the card malfunctioning or is it time to replace? can anyone advice? thanks to all.

I have had this happen on my vigilon compact. All I did was just power down and re-power up the panel. There should be an option saying "card reset" under the [testEng] menu. make sure that the NVM IS write protected so you don't lose the data... Also when you tested the devices did all labels show up? and did all the sectors operate as they should?

If none of this helps i would enquire to the gent technical as they are very helpful

There's a fault on NVM 14 card of Gent 3400 but the loop is fine and all devices are working. Tested all outstations and alarm is registering prefectly. cannot make the panel healthy since the fault cannot be resetted. is the card malfunctioning or is it time to replace? can anyone advice? thanks to all.

Print the status of the card for more info, is this a newer flash card or older ram card?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

if its a 3400 panel which is what you have said, and you have a fault on the nvm card its probably the battery on the card if you print the status of card 14? (which is strange as on a 3400 it would be 5 or 6) and it says card 14 is not present it will definately be the battery.

this is very important DO NOT POWER THE PANEL DOWN as you will lose all data even if its write protected

• 2 weeks later...
I have had this happen on my vigilon compact. All I did was just power down and re-power up the panel. There should be an option saying "card reset" under the [testEng] menu. make sure that the NVM IS write protected so you don't lose the data... Also when you tested the devices did all labels show up? and did all the sectors operate as they should?

If none of this helps i would enquire to the gent technical as they are very helpful

I have done this already. and the "card reset" didnt made my panel healthy and it goes to fault mode. all devices are showing up and sectors are fine.

thanks for the advice anyway, ill just try to call for Gent personnel.

if its a 3400 panel which is what you have said, and you have a fault on the nvm card its probably the battery on the card if you print the status of card 14? (which is strange as on a 3400 it would be 5 or 6) and it says card 14 is not present it will definately be the battery.

this is very important DO NOT POWER THE PANEL DOWN as you will lose all data even if its write protected

Thanks for the tip. I have second thoughts of powering down the panel.

Just to refresh my memory, what card fault comes up with a printer paper jamming fault ? Im sure its a card 11 or 14 fault.

Card 15 on a 3400.

:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

15?

Comms cards were always 15 on 3400, I did know the reason once years ago, something to do with the old 8 loop panel and that being the left over slot....

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived