Security Installer Community

Gent Vigilon Compact Faults With Cards. Help!

Hi Everyone

First of all thanks for looking! I have had a vigilon compact panel for about a year and a half now and until recently I have had a series of faults. Anyone who knows how to set up a GENT vigilon compact panel will know what i'm talking about.

I have set up my panel with difficult command builds actioned to each device and timeblocks along with the verify function. What happened was, I was just downstairs on my laptop and i could hear the GENT loop devices "clicking" which the panel starts when you allocate the loop. That was going for about ten minutes so I decided to go upstairs to my panel and have a look on whats wrong with it. When I looked at the panel after opening the outer door the whole unit was turning off and on rapidly so I decided to unplug the panel from the wall and then it shut off but then the batteries re-booted the panel again.

I quikly got my allen key and unscrewed the two locking screws on the control panels inner door to unplug the battery lead. I breifly had a look at the main panels screen only to notice that all 32 zone LEDs, all system status LEDs and the screen were rapidly flashing. So I unplugged the lead because the panel was acting very strange and unplugged my 19 device loop and monitored input.

Then I decided to re-boot the panel via the mains and it seemed to boot up properly until the display knackered up on me! when I looked at the panel LCD to see the initial startup messages it just showed loads of random letters, numbers and symbols were rapidly flashing all over the screen and then all my voice sounders and strobes activated and wouldn't silence so I just pulled the terminal block off to stop any damage to my devices. I then did a hard reset using the switch below the loop card and it did the routine power up but this time the PSU lights were all flashing and I think the fuses blew and the display just wouldn't clear the little symbols onscreen.

yesterday I tried turning my panel on again thinking it would clear but it didnt so I rang GENT technical helpline and they didn't know what was wrong with the damn thing either but he said it is most likely a card failure, so I asked which card has failed but he said you would have to try individual cards but with my condition he said it is most likely to be the DKC PCB and the PSU. Today I tried turning my panel on again and it started smoking from the PSU so I unplugged it and removed it from the backbox. I was wondering if anyone had a replacement PSU and DKC PCB that they could donate me or if I sent them mine could they take a look and repair it?? Really desperate as I have invested over

Hi Everyone

First of all thanks for looking! I have had a vigilon compact panel for about a year and a half now and until recently I have had a series of faults. Anyone who knows how to set up a GENT vigilon compact panel will know what i'm talking about.

I have set up my panel with difficult command builds actioned to each device and timeblocks along with the verify function. What happened was, I was just downstairs on my laptop and i could hear the GENT loop devices "clicking" which the panel starts when you allocate the loop. That was going for about ten minutes so I decided to go upstairs to my panel and have a look on whats wrong with it. When I looked at the panel after opening the outer door the whole unit was turning off and on rapidly so I decided to unplug the panel from the wall and then it shut off but then the batteries re-booted the panel again.

I quikly got my allen key and unscrewed the two locking screws on the control panels inner door to unplug the battery lead. I breifly had a look at the main panels screen only to notice that all 32 zone LEDs, all system status LEDs and the screen were rapidly flashing. So I unplugged the lead because the panel was acting very strange and unplugged my 19 device loop and monitored input.

Then I decided to re-boot the panel via the mains and it seemed to boot up properly until the display knackered up on me! when I looked at the panel LCD to see the initial startup messages it just showed loads of random letters, numbers and symbols were rapidly flashing all over the screen and then all my voice sounders and strobes activated and wouldn't silence so I just pulled the terminal block off to stop any damage to my devices. I then did a hard reset using the switch below the loop card and it did the routine power up but this time the PSU lights were all flashing and I think the fuses blew and the display just wouldn't clear the little symbols onscreen.

yesterday I tried turning my panel on again thinking it would clear but it didnt so I rang GENT technical helpline and they didn't know what was wrong with the damn thing either but he said it is most likely a card failure, so I asked which card has failed but he said you would have to try individual cards but with my condition he said it is most likely to be the DKC PCB and the PSU. Today I tried turning my panel on again and it started smoking from the PSU so I unplugged it and removed it from the backbox. I was wondering if anyone had a replacement PSU and DKC PCB that they could donate me or if I sent them mine could they take a look and repair it?? Really desperate as I have invested over

Hi Everyone

This sounds familiar.

Scotshield are based very local to me and will help any customer able to pay their call out and service fees.

We WILL NOT give advice to qualified/un-registered members on detailed programming info of life saving systems.

YOU COULD BE ANYONE !

Think about it TBH.

:closed:

Archived