Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 False Alarms

notlob

Hi, I have a Veritas 8 system and since last Thursday I have had 4 false alarms. Two were on Thursday, the first late afternoon (not sure of time), the second Thurs at about 9pm, but the last 2 (Fri and today, Mon) have both been at 4.30 pm (the first one could have been then too). I know nothing about these systems, and this may sound daft, but is there a reason why 3 of these false alarms may have been at the same time ? AT present 4.30 is around the time it starts to go dark.

I had the systems checked out by an engineer on Friday and he says there aren't any faults.

I've cleaned the PIR and the area all around it to get rid of cobwebs etc and I'm not sure what else to do ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

John

Crikey thanks for all the fast replies. This is a proper forum ! :)

It's rads, and there are 2 in this room. It's the same sensor every time, and my heating comes on at 3.30 pm (so it's feasible that the heat peaks at 4.30). My neighbour has been phoning me each time.

Another odd thing I didn't mention; when I came home at dinner today the Zone light in question was flashing (to indicate an alarm had gone off), but the blue outside light wasn't flashing and my neighbour is convinced she didn't hear anything.

John

Archived