Security Installer Community

Powermax Plus

joe2

Having prolem connecting my powermax plus to the telephone line. There is no RJ11 Socket on theback just one for the x10

Does this mean i will have to actually wire the pone line in and then connect the handset to the panel ?? Can you use a normal telephone extension cable to connect to the line just chop the ends off and connect to panel ??

Thanks

joe :rolleyes:

Having prolem connecting my powermax plus to the telephone line. There is no RJ11 Socket on theback just one for the x10

Does this mean i will have to actually wire the pone line in and then connect the handset to the panel ?? Can you use a normal telephone extension cable to connect to the line just chop the ends off and connect to panel ??

Thanks

joe :rolleyes:

Afraid I know nothing about the Powermax Plus, but, looking at a manual I have there are a couple of RJ11 sockets, one for the phone and one for the line, they seem to be under a large cover (?)

The manual I'm looking at is DE5461P Rev.0.2/4 - bottom right of the last page (32)

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I just moved away from the powermax diy plus kits - this was one of the reasons why

You will be able to use a normal bt extension lead (wire to middle 3 & 5 usually) connect to bt plate at rear - cut lead down and find the 50Volts on pairs (keep spare pairs tied) - wire correct pair into "line" on blue terminal block at rear of powermax

Make sure it is not a broadband line or the dialler will not work properly - if so it will be a plug in filter which doesn't really comply and can be unplugged

I use i-on16 now as this has a broadband filter that can be plugged into speechdialler in main panel, a little more money but a better beast alltogether

Hope it was useful & goes well?

I do know that you can get a new Master front plate that has the broadband filter built in and any wiring from this is automatically filtered it's got the standard phone socket + the ADSL connection on the front, only time I've seen them is when they've been ordered from BT but you may be able to get them elsewhere as that part is on the end user side of the master box, i.e the 1/2 plate that you can take out.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived