Security Installer Community

Dvr To 2 Tv Sets?

madkad

... as the DVR has to out puts, can I not place 1 TV on one output and then the other TV on the other output?

madkad,

The short answer to your question is probably yes, but the point redbull was highlighting is very valid.

Many DVR's that provide two monitor outputs, are often set up internally to provide different outputs on each socket; so for example, the 'Main' Video Out may offer individual camera selection, sequential switching or Quad display options which are manually selected.

The secondary output may only provide a sequential switched output or Quad format display.

If you don't have the manual, you can probably have a look through the "Menu" settings, to see what if any control is provided over the monitor outputs.

Incidentally, whilst using a BNC 'T' splitter is not really a recommended way of wiring up two displays, provided the signal output is acceptable and a decent grade cable is being used (and the monitors/tv's are correctly terminated), then it should be possible to get away with using this method of signal splitting, in a less than demanding situation ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for any one that reads this thread in the future and also to say thank you for all your replies.

it did work what I wanted to do, I have

two tv's on one video output on a long cable with a BNC 'T' splitter on also.

then a pc moniter with a VGA adaptor to a video again to the 2nd video output on my DVR

hope this thread helps others like it did me, thank you.

Archived