Security Installer Community

02:06, 02-12-08

magpye

02:06, 02-12-08

My first line of perimeter protection was tripped, buzzer sounds by the bed.

Get up

Outside light comes on

I start to go downstairs

Second line of protection operates as I'm going down the stairs, another (different) buzzer sounds

Second and closer to the house, outside light comes on

I'm now know it's not a false alarm, not that I was expecting it to be one, never had one in 10 years

Go into the kitchen, open inner kitchen door to conservatory to come face to face with a brick ********* the other side of the glass

We see each other, I shout ???? ??? and he runs off

To cut a much longer story shorter, police called, arrived pretty damn quick, from my description thought they knew who they were looking for

45min later police come back to say that they have got him

It turns out that my place was not the only one he had visited

Now, the point of all this, OUTSIDE LIGHTING

As I have said / argued many a time don't rely on outside lighting, it only gives assistance to the offender, he can see what he is doing.

If you are lucky as I was this morning to be able to give a description and something comes of it, a bonus.

This episode is the third time exactly the same thing has happened to me, the only time police arrived though.

Lights, ok if you are up and watching all the time it is dark, who does that, no one, but they will help your garage/shed to be broken into, unless ......... see above

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived