Security Installer Community

Adding new PIR/Siren/Door contact

Guest Terry

Guest Terry

Can anyone advise of on how to tell what Veritas panel i have R8/R8+

Also how to add new PIR, Door Contact and Siren. New shed forces new security measures.

Best Regards

Terry

The easiest way to tell is to take the cover off (the alarms will go off) and look at the PCB, if the PCB has a comms output then its an R8 plus, if not its an R8.

Unless you know the engineer code your not gonna be able to easily install any new devices on the system, as you need to program the device, which requires engineer access code. I would give your installation company a quick bell and ask them how much they would charge.

Dale

Guest Terry

The zone are linked out in the panel so it should be quite easy to add another PIR or door contact. What would i want the engineers code for?

My new PIR not latched or anything like that just normal and the SW+ contact not being used in the panel.

Terry

What would you need the engineers code for?

You'll find that the linked out zones are more than likely not programmed for your requirements, hence needing engineer code access to program them to work in the desired way.

If I remember right, the Veritas is factory programmed in such a way that it requires very little programming for a basic installation.

In other words, the factory settings for say zones 5, 6, 7 and 8 could already be pre-programmed in anticipation of being omitted on 'Part Set' so would be switched off when your alarm is part set. Even worse, these zones could be programmed as 'Not Used' so they will never work unless re-programmed. Although I don't think this is the case on a Veritas. It gets worse still. Some of these 'free' zones that are linked out may well be pre-programmed as 'PA' or 'FIRE' meaning they will be on all the time, wether the alarm is set or not.

Tony

ACE.gif

You will need to engineer's code to program the zones to behave the way you want them to.

Depending on existing programming, they could be set up as 'Guard' or even fire or Panic alarm. They may also have been isolated (so the alarm does not try to look for them). On the veritas 8 you have several part-set options, which may be set up to change the behaviour of those zones depending on how you set the alarm.

The zones are probably most likely to be set as guard (or just standard zones) - you could wire them in and try, but make sure they do trigger the alarm when it is armed and they are violated, and make sure they don't trigger the alarm when it is disarmed!

Guest Terry

Am i glad i joined this forum, nice bit of info guys and gals?

Have the installation manual for the Veritas 8 and it tells you the default engineers code. Lets hope the guy that installed it didn't change it Eh!

Anyway could do a reset to the original default set up, re-program it and take it from there if the engineers code has been changed.

What do you think?

Terry

Terry if you have the eng manual you shouldnt have any probs, if you reset to default the eng code changes with it. Re-programing the system is easy if you have the code and manuals. Good luck

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

But ..if the eng code is locked , then defaulting the panel will revert all programming to factory defaults , apart from the engineers code ... which could leave you worse off. :(

eg . if you now have a PA button on zone 6 , you won't be able to program it.

Guest Terry

FASTCAR, your spot on with the engineers code. Need Boss Engineer Code if it's locked.

Any one got one? :(

Will have to hope that it's not locked and take it from there.

Thanks for all the help guys, will let you know what happens. ;)

Terry <_<

Archived