Security Installer Community

Have I Reset My Alarm Properly?

leetuck

Hi Guys,

I moved into a house 6 months ago and the guy who had the house before me fitted the alarm himself. The problem is that I need to make some changes to the part settings etc but I have no idea what the engineer code is, so i set about doing a factory default reset. After I did the reset, the date and time say 1st Jan and 00:00, but my neither the master code or the engineer code are defaulted.

My alarm is a Eurosec CP8L.

Am I resetting the alarm wrong? The manual says that if the engineer code begins with 9 then it won't be defaulted so it's possible that the code could begin with 9. Would the master code still be defaulted even though the engineer code isn't? If this is the case then I must be resetting it incorrectly as the master code doesn't get reset either.

If the engineer code begins with 9 then it's not such a bad problem, i guess i will just have to type in 1000 codes until i get the correct one.

If anyone has any information about the factory reset please PM me with it.

I know it states on the rules that i shouldn't ask for defaulting information, i'm not asking for it (I dont think). Besides, the manuals for this model are in the public domain anyway (thats how i got them).

Many thanks,

Lee

Guest anguscanplay

LOL - you think its only 1000 variations

which reset code were you using? TBH it`s going to be quicker and easier to buy a new box.

Yes it is 1000 variations if the engineer code starts with a 9!

9000 to 9999?

I did the reset instructions it said in the manual (eg- disconnect the battery etc then enter a code when the lcd panel comes on). Dont wanna mention much on here cos i guess i'm breaking the rules a little.

Guest anguscanplay
Yes it is 1000 variations if the engineer code starts with a 9!

9000 to 9999?

I did the reset instructions it said in the manual (eg- disconnect the battery etc then enter a code when the lcd panel comes on). Dont wanna mention much on here cos i guess i'm breaking the rules a little.

mine are 5 digits if you include the 9 so its still 9999 variations - I can usually get into a system within 20 mins but wouldnt guarentee it.

try the reset again, sometimes it just doesnt want to work, otherwise why not just contact the guy who sold you the house and ask him nicely?

5 digits.. ouch. Mine are definately 4 digits! I have tried to contact the guy but no joy there.

It says "turn the power to off for 10 secs" ... i was thinking that maybe I might need to leave it off for a while ... I can see a large capacitor on the back of the circuit board, wonder if that needs discharging? (Purely guessing here)

Also, once ive turned the power on, i might not be entering the reset code at the right time ... i guess i can just keep trying.

Thanks for your info anyway

Archived