Security Installer Community

Bit Of Help Required :)

were you a hanging judge in a previous life?

he is not pretending to be an engineer so that surely is not relevant, and while properly exercising caution lets lets not be to harsh.

nobody has given this o/p any access codes or info that presents any compromise or danger that i can see, and he has already had explaned to him why that is in a thus far a freindly helpful way.

he has in return been polite and asked in a respectful way for some help, unfortunately which on this panel would be unwise so has been directed to other more lower end units.

so i can't see why anyone should want to such short thrift, just for asking what he see's as a simple few questions. he did not know the extent of knowledge needed to make it useable for his project when he bought it, so has asked questions, and tbh, and i think he might have a few problems with trade access being only 13, but we could check the rules.

i'd prefer to give him his due for finding this forum.

regs

alan

i've just remembered why I block your posts :whistle: i'm sorry but no i don't believe him if he was close to me then i would offer to pop round and help him out but this is an internet forum where anyone can pretend to be who they want to be. You say he did not know the extent of knowledge required but in his first post he states he can pretty much configure a gent panel, how would he know this? he can't configure any panel cause he doesn't have the access codes?? he wants to make a squad device sound like a 34770 device why he doesn't have any 34770 devices, he says he set all the sound levels at 85db not possible unless he has software or remote. if he has worked out how to configure a panel then he would be able to figure out how to re-initialize the nvm on a test panel.

Also i didn't say he should apply for trade access i said if it was an engineer asking these questions then he would be told we do not give out this sort of info on a public forum you need to be trade.

i've just remembered why I block your posts :whistle: i'm sorry but no i don't believe him if he was close to me then i would offer to pop round and help him out but this is an internet forum where anyone can pretend to be who they want to be. You say he did not know the extent of knowledge required but in his first post he states he can pretty much configure a gent panel, how would he know this? he can't configure any panel cause he doesn't have the access codes?? he wants to make a squad device sound like a 34770 device why he doesn't have any 34770 devices, he says he set all the sound levels at 85db not possible unless he has software or remote. if he has worked out how to configure a panel then he would be able to figure out how to re-initialize the nvm on a test panel.

Also i didn't say he should apply for trade access i said if it was an engineer asking these questions then he would be told we do not give out this sort of info on a public forum you need to be trade.

if i'm not back on your ignore list,

sophisticated fire systems are outside of my work orbit or tbh interest in general, not knocking your trade but like fast cars and door entry systems it just don't atract more than a passing interest out of me.

Ravi seems a bright person, bright enough perhaps to 'tap up' the Gents service engineer on his calls. he has said the school has many activations through vandalism and pranks, so what he has gleaned might be by asking questions, perhaps backed up by his tutor. so while i respect your reservations based on superior knowledge than mine, surely his level of knowledge with his very possible access to an engineer it is not thsat dificult to achieve from outside of the trade, he might even have mumped a few bits of that engineer, who knows with someone this resourceful.

so in absence of proof to the contrary, imo out of mutual respect surely we have to accept he (as any other poster) is what he says he is, even if your private opinion differs through '6th sense' suspicions you may not be alone in having.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 6 months later...

Archived