Security Installer Community

Notifier Afp4000 J29

jonboy1

Hi

I am currently changing over a Notifier AFP400 to another more up-to-date addressable system. The problem is, as always, we have to keep both panels running at the same time. There are 6 loops on the Notifier that 5 are standard detection and 1 is being used to power sounder drivers for the VA system. I need to install the loops at roughly 20 devices per day, using the existing cabling and i think that if i can isolate the loop, then isolate the devices on the loop that are being disconnected whilst temporarily bridging the gap at the panel. I think this will the panel into not registering a) the broken loop and B) the missing devices. Is this the best way to carry this out as i have no software for this panel to download programme and/or install manuals.

I also need to send a signal from the new panel to the old panel so that it will trigger a non-latching fire input in the notifier whilst we slowly get the devices across to the new panel. I have no schematic but on the PCB - J29 shows inputs +/-. I assume this will be a 24 volt input but i'm reluctant to try as I have nothing to verify against and don't even know if these inputs are for triggering a fire signal. Please help!

This is a public forum for "general questions" about fire alarms only.

We do not supply installation manuals.

If you become a trade member you will be able to ask/discuss this in the trade only area.

To become a trade member you need to apply via the link below.

C.

Archived