Security Installer Community

Gardtec 300 Series

Bigcoluk

Hi, I'm new to this forum and would welcome your help...

We have a Gardtec 300 series alarm, with the bell/alarm box outside our front door - so far so good. However, we are currently building a porch which means I need to move the box by about 2 inches..

If I unscrew the box lid to see if there is sufficient cable to simply move it, will the alarm go off? If so, is there anything I can do? Or do I need an engineer? I'm hoping to find that I don't need any rewiring, just a simple reposition of the box..

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Guest anguscanplay
Hi, I'm new to this forum and would welcome your help...

We have a Gardtec 300 series alarm, with the bell/alarm box outside our front door - so far so good. However, we are currently building a porch which means I need to move the box by about 2 inches..

If I unscrew the box lid to see if there is sufficient cable to simply move it, will the alarm go off? yes it will If so, is there anything I can do? enter your code number Or do I need an engineer? its always best but if you feel happy doing the work then...?I'm hoping to find that I don't need any rewiring, just a simple reposition of the box.. we`d be looking for around

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the alarm manual - both the user and possibly the installer? I was in the same situation a few years back. In the manual it'll allow you to enter into engineer mode which on my alarm allowed me to rewire the system (by disabling the tamper switch that you speak of). Normally the usercode and the engineer code is different so if you have the manual then great... if not then what angus said.

Archived