Security Installer Community

Fire Engineers & Project Managers

Hello all

To those who may be interested, I'm informed that Siemens Fire Safety are looking to recruit 30 engineers & project managers over the next 6 months, for placements UK wide.

P.S. This is just a heads-up from the old jungle drums, you'll have to sort contact details yourself.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Guest Thunderfingers
Hello all

To those who may be interested, I'm informed that Siemens Fire Safety are looking to recruit 30 engineers & project managers over the next 6 months, for placements UK wide.

P.S. This is just a heads-up from the old jungle drums, you'll have to sort contact details yourself.

There has been a MAJOR restructure worldwide within Siemens as a company so this may be true - bear in mind however that they are looking to shed some 3500 jobs outside the motherland in europe alone (13500 worldwide).

There has been a MAJOR restructure worldwide within Siemens as a company so this may be true - bear in mind however that they are looking to shed some 3500 jobs outside the motherland in europe alone (13500 worldwide).

It's true about the job losses but fire & security are activley recruiting. Big stuff on the horizon.

Any Siemens guys give any feedback on what they are like to work for?

Not too sure about T&C at fire, I work for a different division. But if my bits anything to go by, it's the best job I've ever had.

37.5 hour basic week. As much OT as you want. Choose your own car, pretty much anything you want, if you choose one over your allowance you can pay the extra. Extremely generous contributory. Staff turnover is really low, average service is 25 years!

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Guest Thunderfingers
It's true about the job losses but fire & security are activley recruiting. Big stuff on the horizon.

Not too sure about T&C at fire, I work for a different division. But if my bits anything to go by, it's the best job I've ever had.

37.5 hour basic week. As much OT as you want. Choose your own car, pretty much anything you want, if you choose one over your allowance you can pay the extra. Extremely generous contributory. Staff turnover is really low, average service is 25 years!

You on the LEX/Siemens car scheme then??I'm being sensible this time round and going for a boring Vectra!

There are currently positions in the South and N/W of England for service and commissioning engineers internally.

You on the LEX/Siemens car scheme then??I'm being sensible this time round and going for a boring Vectra!

There are currently positions in the South and N/W of England for service and commissioning engineers internally.

Sounds promising, low staff turnover is always a good sign.

Guest Thunderfingers
Sounds promising, low staff turnover is always a good sign.

Sorry,got sidetracked!Longtimers are common with Siemens and you can progress upwards through the different divisions if that's your sort of thing.Staff benefits are good also.

Guest Thunderfingers
anything current or coming up in jockland?

Ermmm,work in progress up there at the minute me thinks as they let it slide down the tubes a few years back.

Traffic control looking engineers in Edinburgh and Aberdeen though

Most are down south at moment by the looks of it (design,commissioning and service) in the fire end.

Sorry,got sidetracked!Longtimers are common with Siemens and you can progress upwards through the different divisions if that's your sort of thing.Staff benefits are good also.

Any callout for fire commissioning engineers?

Archived