Security Installer Community

Door Contacts

Hello,

I'm now in the market for door contacts.

There is quite a huge price difference on some contacts (wired).

I note that some come with resistors and some not - this doesn't matter as that's pretty straight forward.

I've got 3 doors to protect - back & front (modern uPVC) and also an exterior metal garage.

I'm interested in the Texecom IMPAQPlus With Built in Contact for the external garage as it will "save" a zone - does anyone have any recommendations for this or do you suggest separating these into shock & door contact? I'd imagine the downside is fault finding so any recommendations on previous install uses would be handy.

For the two remaining doors, what do you look for when buying? I notice that it specifies door opening gap - I take it that these don't have a tamper trap as such on them? I'm not too fussed on the appearance appeal and I won't be looking to sink them into the frame unless this'll effect the operation of the unit.

Thanks for reading!

Alex

Hello,

I'm now in the market for door contacts.

There is quite a huge price difference on some contacts (wired).

I note that some come with resistors and some not - this doesn't matter as that's pretty straight forward.

I've got 3 doors to protect - back & front (modern uPVC) and also an exterior metal garage.

I'm interested in the Texecom IMPAQPlus With Built in Contact for the external garage as it will "save" a zone - does anyone have any recommendations for this or do you suggest separating these into shock & door contact? I'd imagine the downside is fault finding so any recommendations on previous install uses would be handy.

For the two remaining doors, what do you look for when buying? I notice that it specifies door opening gap - I take it that these don't have a tamper trap as such on them? I'm not too fussed on the appearance appeal and I won't be looking to sink them into the frame unless this'll effect the operation of the unit.

Thanks for reading!

Alex

At an ols company we used Aritech smc's. Hardly ever had problems with but they they arent as cheap as normal ones

As a rule a contact is chosen for its mounting location etc. At work i am given elmdene contacts, we also use them to replace the old ones now as we dont carry ungraded equipment in the van stock

same as, no stuff upgraded in my car stock, then again ive been that busy its all but empty lol

Archived