Security Installer Community

Caught Out By A Redcare

What a day, all was well until me second job which was to fit a Redcare, havent fit one for ages but thought hey itll all come back to me in a flash as we normally fit Redcare gsm or dualcom gprs. Wired it in, powered up the panel, all seemed well. tested through me signals and then problems lol. Turns out that the footprint for the standard redcare is different to the agreed footprint everybody else uses.

ie, ATE output 7 from the endstation relates to output 6 on the Redcare so just watch out if youve gotta fit one and havent for a while, it might just bite lol.

Guest anguscanplay
What a day, all was well until me second job which was to fit a Redcare, havent fit one for ages but thought hey itll all come back to me in a flash as we normally fit Redcare gsm or dualcom gprs. Wired it in, powered up the panel, all seemed well. tested through me signals and then problems lol. Turns out that the footprint for the standard redcare is different to the agreed footprint everybody else uses.

ie, ATE output 7 from the endstation relates to output 6 on the Redcare so just watch out if youve gotta fit one and havent for a while, it might just bite lol.

if your going to use such a left field panel, what do you expect LOL

our bigger problem is the ARC defaults aren`t the same as BT - doesnt matter how many times we tell em

Angus

Archived