Security Installer Community

1600alarm Control System Fault? Help Please!

PauloV

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help. I have a 1600 Alarm Control System by Caretech fitted. After returning from a break I noticed a fault flashing up (F4 alternating) which the manual said was a Battery Fault. It was making a bleeping noise every minute or so.

I switched off the power and it went ballistic until I entered my code.

Then it started showing an F3 fault which is a System Voltage Fault. This is still showing but the bleeping has stopped.

Any idea if this is something I can fix myself and if so how? Or do I need to get an engineer to see to this? If so, is it costly???

Thanks for any advice!

PauloV

Hi Paulo V,

You battery need replacing.

You can do this yoursef but please remember there is 240v present in the panel. For the cost i would get an engineer to service the system. Could cost between

!

Hi Paulo V,

You battery need replacing.

You can do this yoursef but please remember there is 240v present in the panel. For the cost i would get an engineer to service the system. Could cost between

Thanks! Will take a look.

Appreciate the help.

We used to fit loads of 1600's. quite a few still going now one bit of advise is sort out the bty asap because it might lock the panel out if you get a power cut with a naff bty in it, if that happens youve gotta restart the panel to get it back to life

Archived