Security Installer Community

//.Large National Installer.// 900, Scantronic 8136 Help

i have just recently bought a new house and it came complete with a scantronic 8136 from //.Large National Installer.//,the previous owner cancelled their contract with //.Large National Installer.// and i never renewed it as i felt i didnt need to. the alarm has worked great with the codes i have and i have never had a problem. untill today i came home and the alarm had been activated and now it wont reset, just comes up with controll code 5998. been onto //.Large National Installer.// and they wont give me the code and just keep trying to sell me a service i dont want or saying i have to get an engineer out.i have gained access to the menue but it just keeps saying access denied.

i know the forum rules about not displaying access codes but can someone please help me ither reset to default or PM me an engineer code to allow me access to menu 8 so i can allow user reset.

thanks for any help.

i know the forum rules about not displaying access codes but can someone please help me ither reset to default or PM me an engineer code to allow me access to menu 8 so i can allow user reset.

thanks for any help.

I'm sorry, but you've left out the bit in the Rules about us not giving out defaulting information also.

Right, lets try to explain what the problem is, I saw the following in answer to a similar question elsewhere, saved me a lot of typing .........

It sounds as if the alarm system used to be/is connected to some form of remote signalling to the Alarm company's Alarm Receiving Center, (ARC) to comply with 'standards' this type has to be reset by the alarm company. This used to be done mainly by an engineer attending the premises, for sometime now it has been possible to do this remotely.

Your system I assume is not under contract and is in the same state as when you bought the house, the only difference being the company has not been out to disable the Remote Reset facility that was required when under previous contract. The signalling would have been removed at the ARC end.

The Remote Reset system enables any alarm system to be reset over the telephone by a simple exchange of codes between the customer and the alarm company.

The code displayed at the Control panel or Remote Reset unit following an alarm activation is called the QUOTE CODE.

The code given to the customer by the alarm company is called the RESET CODE.

The Reset Code is calculated by entering the quote code into a PC running Decoding Software. This equipment is called a DECODER and normally resides at the Alarm Receiving Center.

When the alarm is next triggered the quote code and reset codes are completely different, thus ensuring that the system cannot be reset without contacting the alarm company.

A Remote unit could also be retro fitted to any alarm system to provide remote resetting facility.

So - the bottom line, an engineer is required, (at the very least) to reprogramme the control panel to allow customer reset.

I would also suggest that if you 'bought' the alarm system from the previous owners, they have sold you something that does not work correctly without the Remote Reset facility being removed, by the/an Alarm company, were you informed of this, I guess not.

Good luck, I hope something here helps you to understand part of the 'ins and outs' of alarm systems.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived