Security Installer Community

Evac Input (class Change)

L200

Chaps ,

Is there any are likely to be any changes where class change or evac input is used that you know about.

Still see some panels that have this facility as standard , (some monitored with eol and some not) , other panels analogue no facility on board , but software set up evac in via an i/o unit.

Chaps ,

Is there any are likely to be any changes where class change or evac input is used that you know about.

Still see some panels that have this facility as standard , (some monitored with eol and some not) , other panels analogue no facility on board , but software set up evac in via an i/o unit.

What do you mean when you say "any changes"? Do you mean BS/EN changes or manufacturers changes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

B.S related , the reason for this is , I had to call a manufacturer the other week (don't use their panels normally) and ask them to confirm was it a neg or pos input or volt free into the class change. I was told that you are are not meant to be switching class change ,by one person , then a different story by another technical guy, in relation to linking panels .

Thought I would check with you lads , in case you might have heard a rumour.

Checked all avaliable updates , nothing showing .

B.S related , the reason for this is , I had to call a manufacturer the other week (don't use their panels normally) and ask them to confirm was it a neg or pos input or volt free into the class change. I was told that you are are not meant to be switching class change ,by one person , then a different story by another technical guy, in relation to linking panels .

Thought I would check with you lads , in case you might have heard a rumour.

Checked all avaliable updates , nothing showing .

I don't know of any changes to BS but I would point out that using a fire alarm class change input is a non-fire event which on some panels can clash with programming for fire events which override non fire events. The possibility for example is a full evac triggered by another panel via a class change could be overridden by a smaller localised fire event which only activated sounders in a small area. There is a real issue on for example Gent panels which use signal types 1/2/3 one of which can override the other, if you get it wrong the class change can override the fire alarm! (Been there!!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest Cerberus NI

The problem I find with class change is that unless you can program your signal (the output from one panel to the others CC) into a bell map or ringing pattern (for addressable) then you can't silence unless you reset (alternatively you could drive a relay coil of the sounder circuits).

I prefer to set up a zone as non-latching for conventional panels then connect into it from the other panel (if you use the likes of HAES you can do this or just network them then configure them) ) you can set that zone not to activate the auxilleries and to pulse the bells (if you want).

Archived