Security Installer Community

Powermax+ Questions

dickys3

Sorry got called out and wasn't able to carry on, i completely agree, you will need an entry route! What about setting at night?

Hi,

Thanks for you help.

I setup the system and i'm very happy with it. Still getting used to the options etc...

I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind?

1) The PET imune PIR's that come with the system, would these pick up letters being posted through the front door? I have the sensor jumpered to option 2 (to minimise false alarms).

2) You mentioned setting the siren to flash when arming/disarming from outside to give you a visual status. I can't find this option. I can only get the system to sqwark. Should I be able to do this?

Many Thanks

Rich.

1) The PET imune PIR's that come with the system, would these pick up letters being posted through the front door? I have the sensor jumpered to option 2 (to minimise false alarms).

2) You mentioned setting the siren to flash when arming/disarming from outside to give you a visual status. I can't find this option. I can only get the system to sqwark. Should I be able to do this?

1.) Letter box 'Should be fine' but you havnt got the detector pointing straight at it? Maybe worth if you think you may have problems getting one of those letter box cage's, Definately better than having your p.i.r on double knock for the sake of letters ??

2.) Yes you should, iv had a look for the engineer manual, but cant find it at the min, bare with me...

Regards Iain

My Name is Iain

iStorm Security Solutions

1.) Letter box 'Should be fine' but you havnt got the detector pointing straight at it? Maybe worth if you think you may have problems getting one of those letter box cage's, Definately better than having your p.i.r on double knock for the sake of letters ??

2.) Yes you should, iv had a look for the engineer manual, but cant find it at the min, bare with me...

Regards Iain

Thanks Iain..

Looking forward to the instructions on how to enable the lights on the siren.

cheers

Rich.

Archived