Security Installer Community

Bt Pathway Issue

slamdunc

Hi all,

I have recently installed a couple of Pathway systems. Both have PSTN systems.

the fist one went with no isses at all and all went well however the 2nd system didnt go so well..

I installed the system and all was going well. I went to EXT 20 to set the time and date on the handset. after doing just that an incoming call was recieved and answered.

after the call ending i went back to system programming still on EXT 20 and it then said programming refused. What do i do now??

I have switched the system off for 5 min. disconnected the extensions. changed handsets and am now a bit stuck as to what else to try. any suggestions guys???

Also how do i speed up the lines getting released. it seems to take a long time for the lights to go off.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi all,

I have recently installed a couple of Pathway systems. Both have PSTN systems.

the fist one went with no isses at all and all went well however the 2nd system didnt go so well..

I installed the system and all was going well. I went to EXT 20 to set the time and date on the handset. after doing just that an incoming call was recieved and answered.

after the call ending i went back to system programming still on EXT 20 and it then said programming refused. What do i do now??

I have switched the system off for 5 min. disconnected the extensions. changed handsets and am now a bit stuck as to what else to try. any suggestions guys???

Also how do i speed up the lines getting released. it seems to take a long time for the lights to go off.

Thanks in advance!!

Sounds like the proramming position is not set as ext 20. Try programming on each of the other extensions. Time and date can always be done on the 'reception phone' which is ext 20.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

You need to alter the PSTN line settings for guarded clear to get the lines to release properly. This is fine for most lines. It can cause problems if you piggy back anything else to the CO line though, such as an answerphone. Best to put these as extensions of the system, or use a voicemail card ;-)

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived