Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 Pannel And Sd1+

systemtek

Hi All.

I hope someone can help me out I have a Nexus 8 pannel and a SD1+ that I am trying to get working.

The alarm is fully working so there is no problems there, and I have programmed the SD1+ also and I am able to make test calls from that and they work ok.

The problem I am having is that I not 100% sure how to get the pannel to trigger the SD1+, the SD1+ has 3 TRIG A, B and C i assume i only need 1 trigger for it to work ? Lets say TRIG A, as my Nexus 8 is not listed in the SD1+ user guide im not sure how to connect it up, i was told it maybe -v from the bell on the pannel but i am not sure, can anyone advise me on this please.

I assume that i only need TRIG A, as TRIG B and C are only used if required tos end different messages for example.

Many Thanks

Hi there you are correct in your thinking, the sdi+ can either be a - or + trigger and there is a pin on the sd1 board that dictates the one you require, You program the sd1 with one long msg if you like i.e the name, address etc, then you have trigger a-b-c you need to connect the bell trigger to (A) on the sd1, make sure you dont have a bell delay, and the sd1 will trigger as soon as the bell is triggerd.

Hope this helps, im only in Stoke if you get stuck and want me to take a look for you.

My Name is Iain

iStorm Security Solutions

Didnt have time to look at it last weekend, but its up and working now.

Thanks

Hi there you are correct in your thinking, the sdi+ can either be a - or + trigger and there is a pin on the sd1 board that dictates the one you require, You program the sd1 with one long msg if you like i.e the name, address etc, then you have trigger a-b-c you need to connect the bell trigger to (A) on the sd1, make sure you dont have a bell delay, and the sd1 will trigger as soon as the bell is triggerd.

Hope this helps, im only in Stoke if you get stuck and want me to take a look for you.

Archived