Security Installer Community

Securtitech St800l Problem

geofflove

I've got a C&K securitech st800L panel based system which has recently started acting strangely.

On entering the code to set the system instead of getting the usual continuous exit tone I'm getting a very short 'pip' from the sounder. The 'day' light will then go out and about 5 - 10 seconds later the internal alarm will begin to sound requiring me to enter the code again to silence it. Also, because of the behaviour I'm unable to enter the further numbers required to doa walk test etc.

On one or two occasions I have managed to get the coninuous tone and left the house only to find that part way through the exit sequence the full alarm has begun to sound.

I can't decide if it's a duff panel or one of the sensors/wires attached to it.

A second query is that if the panel is faulty and I decide to replace it, is there any way of disconnecting the external sounder wire without it going off? It's quite hard to resch and I want to avoid getting up a ladder to open it and disconnect its battery.... any solutions?

Thanks

Has the system been serviced or back up batteries replaced in the last 5 years? If not then that is where to start.

Please remember that there is 240v in the panel but if you are still getting the same problem you could always link out the zones and tamper and that will tell you if the panel is faulty.

!

I've got a C&K securitech st800L panel based system which has recently started acting strangely.

On entering the code to set the system instead of getting the usual continuous exit tone I'm getting a very short 'pip' from the sounder. The 'day' light will then go out and about 5 - 10 seconds later the internal alarm will begin to sound requiring me to enter the code again to silence it. Also, because of the behaviour I'm unable to enter the further numbers required to doa walk test etc.

On one or two occasions I have managed to get the coninuous tone and left the house only to find that part way through the exit sequence the full alarm has begun to sound.

I can't decide if it's a duff panel or one of the sensors/wires attached to it.

A second query is that if the panel is faulty and I decide to replace it, is there any way of disconnecting the external sounder wire without it going off? It's quite hard to resch and I want to avoid getting up a ladder to open it and disconnect its battery.... any solutions?

Thanks

exit fault, compare ohnms to comission record or suck it & see?

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

exit fault, compare ohnms to comission record or suck it & see?

So presumably if I link across the exit sensor circuit it should cure it - if it doesn't must be the board?

Is it possible that the board has somehow 'forgotton' which sensors are on the exit circuit and thus not operating a time delay to allow exit on them? Or are the exit sensors hard wired to a different part of the circuit?

If this is a possibility could someone provide instructions as to how to 're-install' the board and re-programme the zones? Anyone got an installer manual?

Thanks for help so far.

cheers

Guest anguscanplay
So presumably if I link across the exit sensor circuit it should cure it - if it doesn't must be the board? not that simple

Is it possible that the board has somehow 'forgotton' which sensors are on the exit circuit and thus not operating a time delay to allow exit on them? yes thats a comman fault Or are the exit sensors hard wired to a different part of the circuit? yes often

Anyone got an installer manual? yes thank you

If this is a possibility could someone provide instructions as to how to 're-install' the board and re-programme the zones? afraid not, the site rules you clicked okay to prevent us from giving them to non trade vetted posters, you may find them elsewhere, let us know if you get stuck when you`ve read them

Thanks for help so far.

cheers

Archived