Security Installer Community

Infinite Pir Sensor Battery Replacement

gbenquiries

Not sure if I am posting this in the right forum but here goes.

My Infinite Wireless Control Panel power light is flashing and the Panel is telling me that I need to replace the battery in a particular named PIR sensor :huh: I know I am probably being dim but I cannot find anything obvious in instructions anywhere that takes you through the steps to do this. I assume I have to somehow disable the sensor in question via the Panel, remove the PIR casing (I'm ok on that one), replace the battery and then re-enable the sensor (presumably via the Panel again). However, as I say, I can't see the process for this explained anywhere. In case I need it I do have the engineering code for the alarm by the way.

Anyone out there who can assist :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply.

I found out how to set the PIR in question as 'bypassed' by the system via the control panel.Then I took the cover off and replaced the battery. Having done that and replaced the cover I set the PIR as 'unbypassed' at the Infinite Control Panel. However, the green light continues to flash on the panel and still tells me that the battery in this particular PIR is low. I have done a walk test on the PIR which it passed. So am stumped as to why the system still insists the battery is low. I bought a replacement battery which isn't the same make as the old but is certainly the same physical size and was shown as an equivalent for the battery type (3.6v 1/2AA) and make (Tadiran TL-4902) that was originally in the PIR :(

Is there something else I need to do at the Infinite control panel?

Thanks for the reply.

I found out how to set the PIR in question as 'bypassed' by the system via the control panel.Then I took the cover off and replaced the battery. Having done that and replaced the cover I set the PIR as 'unbypassed' at the Infinite Control Panel. However, the green light continues to flash on the panel and still tells me that the battery in this particular PIR is low. I have done a walk test on the PIR which it passed. So am stumped as to why the system still insists the battery is low. I bought a replacement battery which isn't the same make as the old but is certainly the same physical size and was shown as an equivalent for the battery type (3.6v 1/2AA) and make (Tadiran TL-4902) that was originally in the PIR :(

Is there something else I need to do at the Infinite control panel?

Since writing this I have noticed that the flashing has stopped and the system no longer reports a problem with the PIR battery so assume all is now ok. Mind you, it took a very long time (overnight) before it changed!

Wireless systems pole at differant rates what you could have done to force it to pole was set system leave it set for couple of minutes then unset the alarm,bypassing a zone usually only aplies to the alarm relay or night/set mode of the system.Next time just try changing the battery to see if it goes into alarm tamper if not you'll not need to bypass the unbypass when doing battery changes.

Trade Member

Wireless systems pole at differant rates what you could have done to force it to pole was set system leave it set for couple of minutes then unset the alarm,bypassing a zone usually only aplies to the alarm relay or night/set mode of the system.Next time just try changing the battery to see if it goes into alarm tamper if not you'll not need to bypass the unbypass when doing battery changes.

Thanks for the reply Arab, interesting and much appreciated ;) I'll remember that the next time a PIR battery needs changing - I suspect other sensors will need new batteries in the near future since they were all installed at the same time.

Archived