Security Installer Community

Dational Cctv Viewing Over The Internet

kennyg

Hi, wonder if anyone can help, how 7 what do i need to do to view my cctv over the internet? i have an Dational 8 channel DVR LB which im told has all the capabilitly to do this. Unfortunatly i dont have a manuel or much else so if anyone can point me in right direction i d be grateful,

cheers kennyg

Router and preferably a static IP address.

You will need to map internal ports and and DVR IP address to the external IP address supplied by your ISP.

Hi, cheers for getting back so quick, can this be done even tho im on BT Voyager? plus map internal ports and and DVR IP address to the external IP address supplied by your ISP.? how or where do i get these from? sorry to be a pain

kennyg

Hi,

The Dational DVR's are/where similiar to SystemQ DVR365 www.dvr365.com (Manual available on the site)

(DVR365's are manufactured for SystemQ by Dahua Technology Co Ltd www.dahuatech.com. Until recently Dahua distributed in the UK under the name Dational. Unfortunatley though, no longer available)

Hi, cheers for getting back so quick, can this be done even tho im on BT Voyager? plus map internal ports and and DVR IP address to the external IP address supplied by your ISP.? how or where do i get these from? sorry to be a pain

kennyg

Hi Kenny

Mapping from internal to external ports and ip addresses is not hard if you know what your doing. I would look at the site Port Forwarding Website to checkout hows its done.

With regard to using your BT Voyager modem. I managed it once though it was a pain. What you need to know is that "do I have a static or dynamic ip address?" If you have a static ip address from your isp, all you would need is a decent adsl router such as netgear, us robotics etc... If you have a dynamic ip and I suspect you do, you may need to speak to bt about obtaining a static ip.

The easiest analogy I can give regarding static & dynamic addressing is "if you were posting a letter and sending it to a static address it would have a number, streetname, city, postcode etc. if it was a dynamic address you'd be sending it to a moveable address such as a caravan"

If your set on sticking with a dynamic ip address, your dvr will need to be able to use a DDNS ie. Dynamic DNS

Regards

Stuart

kennyg

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Archived