Security Installer Community

Optex Vx-402

mirko

Dear all,

I'm getting crazy with an optex vx402 sensor that randomly goes in allarm. The sensor was working fine for 12 months e now without any reasons day/night generate allarm.

I'm using double bilanced circuit using NO contact RElay on the PIR with GE advisor master and i think that the problem can be the relay on the sensor.

Can same one share any information or experience?

can same one provide the eletronic circuit with componet list?

Thanks in advance , mirko.

Personally i'd check the voltage is okay at the detector,then check the load that the detector is taking in alarm and in normal mode and make sure it isn't slowly climbing and also check the resistance across the alarm relay aswell as the tamper.I do remember that there was a Optex detector that after a year or two would start giving faults and all you had to do was open the lid and push the tamper switch in several times,when we asked a rep he said it was an inbuilt thing so that an engineer would have to open the detector during the systems maintenance visit to stop the fault.

Hope this helps

Trade Member

Guest anguscanplay
.I do remember that there was a Optex detector that after a year or two would start giving faults and all you had to do was open the lid and push the tamper switch in several times,when we asked a rep he said it was an inbuilt thing so that an engineer would have to open the detector during the systems maintenance visit to stop the fault.

Hope this helps

well it cheered me up no end LOL

Archived