Security Installer Community

Xvision E4dvr

johnnyrotten

Hello ime new to this,

just bought a xvision e4dvr from cpc but i cant get the software to work on vista, the cams work and everything else, the programme loads the mass storage device is there in the device manager, but on the screen it just says please wait initionalising

does it need a vista patch ? the dll,s where wrote in 2000, please help its driving me nuts.... :angry:

Hi jonnyrotten

I had a similar problem with some software I have for my dvr's I sell. It worked fine on Windows XP and earlier versions but not on Vista. We had to get the factory the amend the software for compatibility for Vista.

Try the installing software on another PC running Vista and also on a PC running Windows XP. This will give you an idea of where the problem lies. Then contact CPC since they more than likely sold the dvr to you. They should be able to give you an answer to whether the software is compatible with Windows Vista. Failing that, do a search on the internet to see if anybody else sells those dvr's. I don't but i'm sure another supplier does.

Regards

Stuart

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Hi jonnyrotten

I had a similar problem with some software I have for my dvr's I sell. It worked fine on Windows XP and earlier versions but not on Vista. We had to get the factory the amend the software for compatibility for Vista.

Try the installing software on another PC running Vista and also on a PC running Windows XP. This will give you an idea of where the problem lies. Then contact CPC since they more than likely sold the dvr to you. They should be able to give you an answer to whether the software is compatible with Windows Vista. Failing that, do a search on the internet to see if anybody else sells those dvr's. I don't but i'm sure another supplier does.

Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Please do the following:

1. Highlight and then right click on the ICON for launching the DVR software, a menu will appear, then select PROPERTIES by left clicking on it

2. A set of menus and tabs will appear (Screenshot attached)

3. Please select the COMPATIBILITY tab, then click in the TICK BOX and select Windows 2000 from the list

4. Finally click APPLY then OK

Now double click the same ICON to run the DVR software and it should work fine.

If you have any problems please PM me and I will ask someone to call you and talk you through it.

We should have an update of the software later this year that supports VISTA out of the box and I will send you details whe we have it.

Best regards

Peter

post-4303-1202723717_thumb.jpg

Nope sorry pete it makes no difference whatsoever, ive even tried uninstalling and re-installing

Hi Stuart

Perhaps the problem is elsewhere in the setup, can you PM me your contact details and I will ask a colleague to call you and talk it over with you.

Best regards

Peter

Archived