Security Installer Community

Relocating Remote Key Pad

nicks

Could anyone give me a bit of technical advice please.

I would like to relocate the remote keypad for my gardtec alarm system. How do I disarm the system completely? Is it simply a case of entering the engineers code, then remove the aux fuse from the main panel? After doing this, am I free to disconnect the remote keypad and relocate it? Thanks for any advice/tips.

Could anyone give me a bit of technical advice please.

I would like to relocate the remote keypad for my gardtec alarm system. How do I disarm the system completely? Is it simply a case of entering the engineers code, then remove the aux fuse from the main panel? After doing this, am I free to disconnect the remote keypad and relocate it? Thanks for any advice/tips.

what model Gardtec panel do you have?

to be honest if you can do so safely disable the external siren, that way you won't get pressure from the neighbours if you get into stum.

if you have the engineers manual it wil show how to put the panel into rengineer mode which will disable the tampers, don't assume the default engineers code will work.

if extending the cable it's usually best to run a complete new cable in, rather than adding in a joint causing possible faults later.

when you remove the keypad, cut the cables doing so one at a time and leave about 10mm of sleeving attached to the terminals, that way you will know which colour went where later when you come to reconnect it again one cable at a time.

get some fuses before you start just in case, 350 ma and 1 amp 20mm glass fast blows, and remember opening the controls will expose you to risk of shock from potentially lethal voltages SO TURN OFF THE POWER 1ST an check its off with a suitable testing device you understand how to use safely.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the reply.

It is the gardtec 590.

How do I completely disable the outdoor alarm before starting? this is the bit that worries me most.

you will need to access the siren in a safe manor, but further details i'm not happy to give in public area for security considerations - if i told you i'd just have to kill you - and we have only just net :unsure:

regs

alan

where are you moving it from and too ?

who installed it?

do you really have the engineer code?

It was installed by a subcontractor JK electrical from somewhere near Derby, for the main housebuilder in 2001.

The engineer code is the default one (I believe).

I do have electical qualifications (non domestic) so I am able to do this safely. I just need to know that it wont start the bells ringing, and I wont be able to stop them.

I will be relocating the key pad unit to the exact opposite side of an interior wall, so no need to extend any cables.

Thanks

It was installed by a subcontractor JK electrical from somewhere near Derby, for the main housebuilder in 2001.

The engineer code is the default one (I believe).

I do have electical qualifications (non domestic) so I am able to do this safely. I just need to know that it wont start the bells ringing, and I wont be able to stop them.

I will be relocating the key pad unit to the exact opposite side of an interior wall, so no need to extend any cables.

Thanks

to comment further could assist an intruder reading this public area site, so i hope you understand we can go no further.

if you not sure, given the systems age have an engineer move the keypad and service the system, many advances have happened in the last few years, also noise pollution act affects your system so may need adjustments to bell timers to prevent contraventions and fines.

the system was designed for the original owners needs, so may not best suit your own needs, so a decent gardtec aware engineers visit would be well worth the cost imo.

regs

alan

to comment further could assist an intruder reading this public area site, so i hope you understand we can go no further.

if you not sure, given the systems age have an engineer move the keypad and service the system, many advances have happened in the last few years, also noise pollution act affects your system so may need adjustments to bell timers to prevent contraventions and fines.

the system was designed for the original owners needs, so may not best suit your own needs, so a decent gardtec aware engineers visit would be well worth the cost imo.

regs

alan

Ok thanks Alan.

I think I will take a chance that using the default engineers code will allow me to remove the aux fuse to isolate the key pad.

I will give it a go this Saturday, as it is delaying my wife doing the decorating!

Guest anguscanplay
Ok thanks Alan.

I think I will take a chance that using the default engineers code will allow me to remove the aux fuse to isolate the key pad.

I will give it a go this Saturday, as it is delaying my wife doing the decorating!

it`ll still sound the sounder outside (assuming its been fitted correctly in the 1st place)

just power the whole lot down - do the job (what 15 min max) and if a neighbour does come round to check its you buy em a pint for their troubles

otherwise you could be looking at all sorts of problems with the data line etc

it`ll still sound the sounder outside (assuming its been fitted correctly in the 1st place)

just power the whole lot down - do the job (what 15 min max) and if a neighbour does come round to check its you buy em a pint for their troubles

otherwise you could be looking at all sorts of problems with the data line etc

OK thanks again Alan. I will give it a go. cheers

Archived