Security Installer Community

Some Basics To Cover Off

Bellboy

Hello all, congrats on a great and extremely helpful forum.

I'm installing a Scantronic 9651 and had a couple of basic questions. Have an idea of answers but just want to be 100% certain. I'd be grateful if anybody could cover these off with the widespread knowledge out there:

1. Have set up a global tamper loop. How are the pair of terminals on the PCB marked, which the loop should be connected to since the manual doesn't state this?

2. The magnetic contacts I have bought appear to be closed units with 4 cores already attached. What is the recommended way of connecting the ends of these cores to the corresponding ends of the wires going to the control panel, to ensure discretion as well as a reliable connection?

3. My Logo internal sounder appears only to have a pair of power terminals. Is it usual for such a sound to have no tamper connections?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello all, congrats on a great and extremely helpful forum.

I'm installing a Scantronic 9651 and had a couple of basic questions. Have an idea of answers but just want to be 100% certain. I'd be grateful if anybody could cover these off with the widespread knowledge out there:

1. Have set up a global tamper loop. How are the pair of terminals on the PCB marked, which the loop should be connected to since the manual doesn't state this?

2. The magnetic contacts I have bought appear to be closed units with 4 cores already attached. What is the recommended way of connecting the ends of these cores to the corresponding ends of the wires going to the control panel, to ensure discretion as well as a reliable connection?

3. My Logo internal sounder appears only to have a pair of power terminals. Is it usual for such a sound to have no tamper connections?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

1: There is a pair of terminals marked "A/T" above zone 1. This is the global tamper loop.

2: Your sealed contacts should have come with a small instruction sheet detailing which colour wires do what. It is normally red yellow for alarm, and black and blue are usually the tamper loop, though you should check this with a multimeter. You need to join it to your alarm cable using a 6 way junction box.

3: There are a few internal sounders that are'nt tampered. I would'nt worry too much about it.

Trade Member

If your four cores on the contact are all white then as a rule of thumb the pair that are stripped back are the contact pair.

Check them with your meter and as antinode said join them up to your cable in a junction box next to the contact.

If the door is brown then use a brown junction box or it'll look like nice try installed it.

If your four cores on the contact are all white then as a rule of thumb the pair that are stripped back are the contact pair.

Check them with your meter and as antinode said join them up to your cable in a junction box next to the contact.

If the door is brown then use a brown junction box or it'll look like nice try installed it.

Archived