Security Installer Community

Hello

Jodon

Hi everyone, this is my introduction to the site as well as my question.

I am 25 years old and I have been working in central Scotland within the security systems industry for the past eight years now, within all areas from installation, preventative/corrective maintenance and design of intruder, fire, cctv and access control systems. Having mainly worked for smaller companies (in which I always feel my worth) I have found my experience grow rapidly due to many variables, mostly you just get sent to any system (whether you've seen it before or not).

At the moment I now work for a large company based in Stirling who, have set up a security department within an already established comm's department, and I install all of the above said systems within new schools located in Fife, Stirling, Falkirk and soon to be Glasgow.

Which brings me to my problem. Ambitious as I am I feel the large jobs like schools have a lot of (assembly line) repetition, im also stringing out my days as I wait on joiners, painters etc to finish so I can get my job done. So I am feeling I could be working harder and more efficiently and bottom line, making more money!

SJIB have introduced a shorter working week of 37.5 hrs however I could do that in a four day week leaving me with a Friday Saturday to build a client base until I could afford to go it alone.

On the other hand I am thinking of possibly sub contracting to other company

Guest anguscanplay
Although need a push in the right direction.

if your current employer found out about the client base that`d be the push LOL, be a man and do things properly - work your notice then leave on good terms, your ex employer is likely to be your best customer.

if your current employer found out about the client base that`d be the push LOL, be a man and do things properly - work your notice then leave on good terms, your ex employer is likely to be your best customer.

didnt happen to me i left on good terms and my exemployer doesnt even talk to me!! :no:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived