Security Installer Community

Sterling 10 Password Reset

haigh7

Hi, I have just purchased a property that has a sterling 10 alarm fitted but was not given the master user code.

Is it possible to reset the code? is there a switch or startup sequence to go through to reset it

Thanks in advance

Peter

Hello, yes it is possible, but, you do need an engineer to complete this, it's not something an 'end user' is able to do.

As I'm sure you read in the Forum Rules & Disclaimer when joining, we are unable to provide Engineer Manuals or defaulting information.

>>> http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/rules.asp

Get quotes from 2/3 local alarm companies to reset the codes and fully service the system, I bet it has not been done for a long time, at the very least I expect the control panel battery is suspect.

Sorry to seem so negative but in the long run an engineer checking everything out and giving you training in the system's use is the way to go.

Happy Xmas to you and yours,

magpye

ps What are you doing up at 01:24 in the morning, it's sleep time then! :rolleyes:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
Hi, I have just purchased a property that has a sterling 10 alarm fitted but was not given the master user code.

ring the estate agent and the vendor to get it, if they don`t know it or don`t want to give it, then you`ll need an engineer to reboot it. Cost ? well thats what you paid your solicitor for.

Archived