Security Installer Community

Sl Compact Alarm System

jogillies

Hiya i have a compact alarm system which was installed when i moved into our house 4 years ago without a manual. It is used everyday with no problems until last night the alarm went off for no reason and now i cant cancel the flashing blue light outside like i normally do with the reset button. Anyone got any ideas as to whats gone wrong thanks !!!!!

Hiya i have a compact alarm system which was installed when i moved into our house 4 years ago without a manual. It is used everyday with no problems until last night the alarm went off for no reason and now i cant cancel the flashing blue light outside like i normally do with the reset button. Anyone got any ideas as to whats gone wrong thanks !!!!!

Your system requires a service, i'm guessing you have not had it serviced since the install.

Here are the checks that are carried out on a annual service

[*]Check history of alarm system since last maintenance service

[*]Visual inspection of all major alarm components including cabling & connections where accessible for signs of deterioration or damage

[*]Check mains power supply including charging rates

[*]Check battery power supply including charging rates

[*]Check and Walk Test all detectors

[*]Check satisfactory operation of manually operated devices e.g. panic buttons

[*]Check and test all audible warning devices

cheers for that your right its not been serviced will sort that asap thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have any luck with getting hold of a manual as im having a similar problem?

Archived