Security Installer Community

Help Electricity Cut Resulted In Alarm Permanently On

Gavinsearle

help! i have an sl compact alarm. we had a long power cut last night and when the power came back on, the alarm went off, as it would normally do. however, when i put in the usual code to switch the alarm off, it didnt work at all. i have had to switch the electricity off to disable the alarm.

i tried switching the electricity back on several hours later and the alarm bleeped as is i had just come in the house. i tried the usual code but again it didnt work and the alarm went off.

i have had to switch most of the electricity off in the house, including the heating system and cant get anyone out. please help! any advice greatly appreciated. many thanks

help! i have an sl compact alarm. we had a long power cut last night and when the power came back on, the alarm went off, as it would normally do.

Hello Gavin,

In that case there's something wrong with your alarm, probably at least a failed battery.

Almost all alarms have a backup battery to keep them working properly through a power cut of reasonable length (several hours).

If it "normally" goes off after a power cut it's probably been faulty for some time.

Hello Gavin,

In that case there's something wrong with your alarm, probably at least a failed battery.

Almost all alarms have a backup battery to keep them working properly through a power cut of reasonable length (several hours).

If it "normally" goes off after a power cut it's probably been faulty for some time.

someone has very kindly told me the factory preset code that it seems the alarm reverted to. i had already booked an engineer to come out but he couldnt comer for a few days. so i'll keep the booking anyway as, like you say, there is obviously some problem with it. thanks very much for your swift response, it is greatly appreciated! i had no electricity or heating and have a small baby so thought we were going to have to move out until it was fixed! thank you, i am so grateful to everyone who answered me!

Archived