Security Installer Community

Zone Reset For Paragon Plus

massifal1

Okay here goes

I have read all the debate on whether or not to give joe public engineers/installation manuals and I can see it from both sides of the fence(in fact my A**e is sore from sitting on the fence) but now I have unwittingly been pushed off the fence and landed on one side.

Here is the story of how I fell off.

About 13 years ago I had my system installed (paragon plus,4quads,2door contacts,1PA, bell with strobe to front and an old carters minimite that I had from a previous system) for around 6/7 years I had a service contract with the installer.

Same guy Same month,Same place ,Same time, same cup of coffee with 5 ...yes 5 sugars.Andy (the service engineer ) told me he was going it alone and would I like to change my contract over to him for a much reduced rate , Suited me Suited him and was givig the small guy a start.

This all worked out great until him and his Mrs. got divorced over him leaving the toilet seat up or something like that ,you know how it is.

He moved away changed his mobile No and his Ex dosen't see him anymore. In all the years that Andy came to service the system all that was ever done was replace the battery once,so rather than go running back with an open wallet to the original installers I have been without a maintainance contract for around 3/4 years.

A couple of days ago I found that my panel just would not set , and as always just when you didn't need it. So being pushed for time done a simple walk test but eveything proved okay,so had to leave it unset until I got home and had time to investigate further.

A few days earlier much to my amusement my wife was viciuosly attacked by a six foot mouse in our utility room (her description ,not mine)

So I thouht the little bleeder has chewed through a cable, so I decided to do a continuity and resitance check on all the circuits.

So to be on the safe side I popped the fuse in the spur just to keep the HSE happy and proceded to do said checks. All turned out ok so now i was wondering if the pcb had packed up after 13 years of good service ,so I decided to take a closer look and what do you know it was A BLOODY 1amp glass fuse.Easy pickings............... proceeded to put in a brand new shiny fuse BUT having JCB Buckets for hands I inadvertantly knocked off the battery connector so now I have lost all my memory. I have reset master code and limited user code but the only way I can part set the system is by omitting zones maually , but in doing this I need to omitt my entry / exit zone. which means some little torag could come straight in through my hallway up my stairs into my bedroom AND>>>>>>>> well i will leave the rest to your imagination.

Heres the bottom line(well nearly,honest) I only need to know how to set an entry /exit zone and a part set.I know that the community is split on this but I have been pefectly honest and just need a bit of genuine help( even a tech guy at the BSIA is trying to get me some info) I promise not to electricute my self fall off a ladder or take out any personal law suits against anyone. I am willing to provide proof of ID and ownership of the system if anyone is suspicious My E Mail is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please please help and here IS THE BOTTOM LINE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TA

Okay here goes

I have read all the debate on whether or not to give joe public engineers/installation manuals and I can see it from both sides of the fence(in fact my A**e is sore from sitting on the fence) but now I have unwittingly been pushed off the fence and landed on one side.

Here is the story of how I fell off.

About 13 years ago I had my system installed (paragon plus,4quads,2door contacts,1PA, bell with strobe to front and an old carters minimite that I had from a previous system) for around 6/7 years I had a service contract with the installer.

Same guy Same month,Same place ,Same time, same cup of coffee with 5 ...yes 5 sugars.Andy (the service engineer ) told me he was going it alone and would I like to change my contract over to him for a much reduced rate , Suited me Suited him and was givig the small guy a start.

This all worked out great until him and his Mrs. got divorced over him leaving the toilet seat up or something like that ,you know how it is.

He moved away changed his mobile No and his Ex dosen't see him anymore. In all the years that Andy came to service the system all that was ever done was replace the battery once,so rather than go running back with an open wallet to the original installers I have been without a maintainance contract for around 3/4 years.

A couple of days ago I found that my panel just would not set , and as always just when you didn't need it. So being pushed for time done a simple walk test but eveything proved okay,so had to leave it unset until I got home and had time to investigate further.

A few days earlier much to my amusement my wife was viciuosly attacked by a six foot mouse in our utility room (her description ,not mine)

So I thouht the little bleeder has chewed through a cable, so I decided to do a continuity and resitance check on all the circuits.

So to be on the safe side I popped the fuse in the spur just to keep the HSE happy and proceded to do said checks. All turned out ok so now i was wondering if the pcb had packed up after 13 years of good service ,so I decided to take a closer look and what do you know it was A BLOODY 1amp glass fuse.Easy pickings............... proceeded to put in a brand new shiny fuse BUT having JCB Buckets for hands I inadvertantly knocked off the battery connector so now I have lost all my memory. I have reset master code and limited user code but the only way I can part set the system is by omitting zones maually , but in doing this I need to omitt my entry / exit zone. which means some little torag could come straight in through my hallway up my stairs into my bedroom AND>>>>>>>> well i will leave the rest to your imagination.

Heres the bottom line(well nearly,honest) I only need to know how to set an entry /exit zone and a part set.I know that the community is split on this but I have been pefectly honest and just need a bit of genuine help( even a tech guy at the BSIA is trying to get me some info) I promise not to electricute my self fall off a ladder or take out any personal law suits against anyone. I am willing to provide proof of ID and ownership of the system if anyone is suspicious My E Mail is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please please help and here IS THE BOTTOM LINE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TA

amusement and wife attacked( if you dont want to go the same way as andy and his wife i wouldnt use those words in the same sentance if i was you)

you really should think about getting a pro in either to sort the alarm , the mouse ,or even at a push the wife...the choice is really yours :whistle:

Archived