Security Installer Community

Help

vroooOOOM

New Member - sorry if this is not the right place to post this item.

I had a power failer for a couple of days, the alarm now shows power on led and day led, I have entered the set cade to arm it but nothing happens.

Please help

cheers

seems you panel's standby battery is spent and needs replacing they don't last for ever, usually about 3 - 4 years.

i'd assume subsequently your system has 'defaulted' itself back to factory fresh settings, so you either need a manual (which we can't supply you due to site rules) or an engineer to visit and set it back up for you, both options need the battery in the panel to be replaced.

your call, but best i'd recommend you have your system looked at by a pro, you will get advice on improvements which may be of value to your more current needs, just get an estimate for the call out and battery 1st to save arguments later and obviously such calls should be far cheaper in office hours :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

seems you panel's standby battery is spent and needs replacing they don't last for ever, usually about 3 - 4 years.

i'd assume subsequently your system has 'defaulted' itself back to factory fresh settings, so you either need a manual (which we can't supply you due to site rules) or an engineer to visit and set it back up for you, both options need the battery in the panel to be replaced.

your call, but best i'd recommend you have your system looked at by a pro, you will get advice on improvements which may be of value to your more current needs, just get an estimate for the call out and battery 1st to save arguments later and obviously such calls should be far cheaper in office hours :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

Thanks very much Alan, I think your right because when the power supply was off the outside bell box kept making a bleeping sound, I think this was the battery running down.

I do have a users instruction manual but cant see anything related to this in the book, the supply and day leds are on but noting happens when I try to key in ths code to set the alarm, will this correct itslf if I replace the battery?

Thanks very much Alan, I think your right because when the power supply was off the outside bell box kept making a bleeping sound, I think this was the battery running down.

I do have a users instruction manual but cant see anything related to this in the book, the supply and day leds are on but noting happens when I try to key in ths code to set the alarm, will this correct itslf if I replace the battery?

Sorted, found the master default code, the usual straight four digit no. I can now set up the system, Oh yeh and I'll replace the battery first.

thanks for your help, it really was appreciated.

Archived