Security Installer Community

Ntsc Or Pal

clocknut

There is very little visible difference between PAL and NTSC that you would really notice on a monitor. You might have issues in other areas, for example you won't be able to line lock them (but I doubt you would want to), you most likely wouldn't be able to mix PAL and NTSC on one recorder which may cause problems if you needed to replace or add a camera in the future and there might be a problem under fluorescent lights. I'm not sure but you may get issues with colour rolling if the lights are on 50Hz and the camera is working on 60 fields/s.

There is very little visible difference between PAL and NTSC that you would really notice on a monitor. You might have issues in other areas, for example you won't be able to line lock them (but I doubt you would want to), you most likely wouldn't be able to mix PAL and NTSC on one recorder which may cause problems if you needed to replace or add a camera in the future and there might be a problem under fluorescent lights. I'm not sure but you may get issues with colour rolling if the lights are on 50Hz and the camera is working on 60 fields/s.

Thanks for the reply I understand the two systems but never having seen NTSC I didn't know what to expect to get as a resolved picture on a monitor! AH well I will start looking for a couple of good PAL cameras :hmm:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply I understand the two systems but never having seen NTSC I didn't know what to expect to get as a resolved picture on a monitor! AH well I will start looking for a couple of good PAL cameras :hmm:

PAL = 625 scanning lines / 50 Interlaced Pictures Per Second

NTSC = 525 scanning lines / 60 Interlaced Pictures Per Second

You would notice very little difference

Archived