Security Installer Community

Reset Gardtec 580

Bought a house and the previous owner had a Gardtec 580 installed but unfortunately he's gone senile and has no code for me. Is there any way I can reset to a factory state and use some default code?

Surely I don't have to call out an engineer for something that should be straightforward like cutting power and changing a jumper or whatever? I've looked for installation manuals or service manuals (rather than user manuals) but all the sites that offer them are subscription sites and it's not like I'll be doing this weekly (I hope!)

Hope someone can help please!

Thanks

Guest Dave the alarm man
Surely I don't have to call out an engineer for something that should be straightforward

might a daft question but what the point of having an alarm where every knows who to remove the code from?

burglars charter?

might a daft question but what the point of having an alarm where every knows who to remove the code from?

burglars charter?

Just cos it can be reset doesnt mean it wont go off in the first place when tampered with or that it can be disarmed in seconds. After all a burglar could just as easily disconnect the mains power or smash the box to pieces. Its the INITIAL alarm or deterrent effect we are paying for.

I can see that the idea of someone NOT calling an installer in is an anathema to you, then again you are the person who'd be profiting from the call out.

I can see that the idea of someone NOT calling an installer in is an anathema to you, then again you are the person who'd be profiting from the call out.

As you obviously have a professionally installed alarm system the following might help you to understand where we are coming from.

To do what you want needs the master user code (which you don't have) or an engineer with the engineer's code to go into the system or if no engineer / code available, for what ever reason, the panel needs an engineer to do the necessary .........

Please take note of the following .....

Engineer Codes - Who can have them

With a professionally installed system,

British Standard PD6662 (effective from 1st October 2005) dictates that only engineers can access engineering

Permitting a user to access engineering breaks regulations

Our hands are tied, you need an engineer

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived