Security Installer Community

Pda Customer Mamagement Software

advancedprotection

i am looking for software for my pda so i can enter new customer enquiries / quotations on site and then sync to my pc into a database when i get home.

does anyone do this at the moment, if so what is the best software to use.

eg. joe bloggs rings up for intruder alarm quote, i take his details and give him a verbal quote and then arrange an appointment to call and see him for a more detailed quote. i then enter details into pda with quoted equipment and enter appointment details. when i get home and sync to pc i have all details of customer and equipment so i can print off to take with me on quote.

thanks

Martin

Trade Member

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!!

Martin Hanfo

CCTV - Intruder Alarms - Access Control - Security Lighting - Locks

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

Hi Martin,

Sounds like what your looking for is a way for you to have the pda fillout an existing database form or the like.

All it should need really is for you to have a minimal copy of the database you use on the pda, ideally an empty database with just the customer ID's entered.

i.e

CustomerID,Title,Name,Surname,Address_1;2;3,Town,Postcode,Phone1;2, etc..

then you just go Joe Bloggs - customer ID 1512... put all the details in.. upload that to your database program,

then print the quote from that will all the other info auto filled in..

You could even maybe use short codes - full description in a drop list - short code stored in database..

It all really depends on what you use at present, if it's a customised design from some one then might have a word with them about getting a pda version done.

I'm pretty sure many if not all of the commerial CMS database programs have a module for PDA's available.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

i use a wm5 mobile, address book so clients go in that, there is room for notes so off cuff prices noted thre. i use the 'to do' notes to remind me to call them back and the diary for appointments, if the appointment is tenative i add a simple ? in the entry.

all backs up and loads into outlook

there might be more sophisticated software out there, but this all this comes in the package for free and easy to use.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i am looking for a database with drop down lists aswell as linking to outlook. i spend 90% of my time out on site so i would rather use my mda to input / print quotations than my laptop. i am going to carry a printer around with me so i can print my quotes there and then saving me time. as i am a sole trader its hard to fit everything in!!!

Trade Member

Martin Hanfo

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

is there a way of changing the fields on the contacts program on a wm5? can i search for customer id ? aswell as name/number? can design of form be changed?

thanks

Martin

Trade Member

Martin Hanfo

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

i am looking for a database with drop down lists aswell as linking to outlook. i spend 90% of my time out on site so i would rather use my mda to input / print quotations than my laptop. i am going to carry a printer around with me so i can print my quotes there and then saving me time. as i am a sole trader its hard to fit everything in!!!

i to am a sole trader (spoke without the 'R' i might add :rolleyes: )

i have a 2 gig card with loats of pdf's, i can email clients direct from the phone, some are instructions like user manuals for keypads others are adveritising lit.

tbh i'd advise against 'instant printed quotes' you can so easily shoot yourself in the foot by working in haste, if you forget the psu or platform hire or some other mundanes but expensive item you can loose loads of money easily.

if you really need a fast quote, set up an excel template and use your phone to email it out, so then you use the clients printer/paper/ink saves on your overheads B)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 4 years later...

Hi guys, not sure if you still need this but we do PDA/smartphone software called Clik Remote, which allows you to raise and update jobs on your phone, whilst linking with the main program in the office so it's ready to be invoiced.

Archived