Security Installer Community

Abacus 6/14

johnnyd

Hi All

I have just moved into a property that has an abacus 6/14 alarm system installed, but no manuals, I am a Texecom approved installer, but don't fit alarms anymore, I have the user code, but not the engineer code, I would like to reset this system and start from scratch as I al;so need to remove a blown up door alarm from it, can anyone PM me with the installer manual please?

Many Thanks

JohnnyD

Guest anguscanplay
Hi All

I have just moved into a property that has an abacus 6/14 alarm system installed, but no manuals, I am a Texecom approved installer, but don't fit alarms anymore, I have the user code, but not the engineer code, I would like to reset this system and start from scratch as I al;so need to remove a blown up door alarm from it, can anyone PM me with the installer manual please?

Many Thanks

JohnnyD

think you need more than an abacus if people are blowing your doors up

you would need to be trade registered on the forum to get the engineer manual - message one of the moderators for advice

regards

Angus

Hi Angus

Many thanks for your reply.......Door sensor I should correct.......If someone was blowing up my doors, I would be outta here.....

I think I have already Pm'd a moderator on Sunday, but have not heard anything yet :( I seem to recall he was based in Scotland also.....

think you need more than an abacus if people are blowing your doors up

you would need to be trade registered on the forum to get the engineer manual - message one of the moderators for advice

regards

Angus

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Angus

I think I have already Pm'd a moderator on Sunday, but have not heard anything yet :( I seem to recall he was based in Scotland also.....

I know your South but ...... LOL

theres a new link posted by alarmgard tonight, but the vetting guys are busy little beevers, someone may message you the manual - I don`t have it

Sorry Angus, I made the silly mistake of presuming your name was Angus, you lived in Scotland....oops....I was born in Newcastle so am not really a southerner.

If anyone can PM me the installer manual that would be great, at the moment I cant set the alarm as the entry sensor is defunct (installed by the previous owners in a place where rainwater can get to it :angry2:

Many thanks in anticipation :rolleyes:

JohnnyD

I know your South but ...... LOL

theres a new link posted by alarmgard tonight, but the vetting guys are busy little beevers, someone may message you the manual - I don`t have it

Guest anguscanplay
Sorry Angus, I made the silly mistake of presuming your name was Angus, you lived in Scotland....oops....I was born in Newcastle so am not really a southerner.

If anyone can PM me the installer manual that would be great, at the moment I cant set the alarm as the entry sensor is defunct (installed by the previous owners in a place where rainwater can get to it :angry2:

Many thanks in anticipation :rolleyes:

JohnnyD

I have a friend from Newcastle ( no really ) had to move cause somebody really did try and blow his door up, oddly enough he had to change his name too !!

why do you need the manual - surely a " Texecom registered installer " would be able to work out the solution ?

Hi Angus

I can't think of an easy way to do it without the installer manual, I tried to let the system drain last weekend, but had to reapply the power after the external sounder activated (11 oclock at night) but I lost the control panel due to low voltage so could not reset it, also I think the settings are in Non Volatile Memory (there are two NVM chips on the main borad) so I'm not even sure a power down would factory default it. I only have a user code so cannot add or delete wireless sensors which is what I need to do as the main entry/exit door sensor (mounted so that rainwater can get in) has blown up due to water content within, also I would like to connect a BT line to it which I think is possible but again without the installer manual is difficult :ranting:

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I cant see a way to do it without?

JohnnyD

I have a friend from Newcastle ( no really ) had to move cause somebody really did try and blow his door up, oddly enough he had to change his name too !!

why do you need the manual - surely a " Texecom registered installer " would be able to work out the solution ?

Guest Dave the alarm man
I tried to let the system drain last weekend,

but why?

I only have a user code so cannot add or delete wireless sensors which is what I need to do as the main entry/exit door sensor

6/14R then ?

also I would like to connect a BT line to it which I think is possible but again without the installer manual is difficult :ranting:

built in digi / modem I'am sure the dos downloading software where never up dated for 6/14R, the only stuff you can send is to a proper alarm receiver.

nice proper commercial type controls, the wire free stuff is quite price & unlikey to turn up on fleabay

Hi All

Many Thanks

JohnnyD

Please read the site rules http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/rules.asp

Being a Texecom approved installer doesn't neccessarilly mean you will be accepted as a trade member on these forums. If you are in the trade then please read the following page and then complete the form. http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/trade.asp

Archived