Security Installer Community

Pos System

theblast

I have a problem with a pc based dvr and pos system.

The problem is that it's not made any system for pos in software yet.

Know how i can get the info from the cashregister printer port to hyperterminal on dvr, but it don't help so much when in pos system the info must be on camera picture. And to integrate this will not be easy when dvr not open source! An other thing i think is better to use is a text overlay module, also a module with a camera in camera out and a rs232 or network port. think rs232 must be the most realistic.

Seen a module like this, but not a comlete. So you have to build it yourself. When u use such a module the info will be on a layer on camera picture who is recorded with pos info on dvr.

Somebody who knows about good textoverlayer modules who will work for this?

Or some other solution for a dvr with no pos system in software!

I have a problem with a pc based dvr and pos system.

The problem is that it's not made any system for pos in software yet.

Know how i can get the info from the cashregister printer port to hyperterminal on dvr, but it don't help so much when in pos system the info must be on camera picture. And to integrate this will not be easy when dvr not open source! An other thing i think is better to use is a text overlay module, also a module with a camera in camera out and a rs232 or network port. think rs232 must be the most realistic.

Seen a module like this, but not a comlete. So you have to build it yourself. When u use such a module the info will be on a layer on camera picture who is recorded with pos info on dvr.

Somebody who knows about good textoverlayer modules who will work for this?

Or some other solution for a dvr with no pos system in software!

It's a little hard to understand your English but from what I can gather 'You have already fitted the "PC based DVR" which dose not support POS and you now want a text overlay system that will integrate with your EPOS/Cash register. - Is this Correct?

If you would like a recommendation for a DVR with network capability (Links to PC via LAN/WAN) and built in POS, I can recommend some equipment that I already use.

Let me know, also it would help if you told us what equipment are you using now?

P.S. Your English is far better than my Norwegian :rolleyes:

Lykkelig over Hjelpe!

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

We already installed a dvr who not support pos system.

The DVR name is "I3dvr 16ch" and we now need to install a text overlay system that will integrate with Cash register.

So need some kind of solution for this becouse I3dvr "Canadian company" have no plans to integrate pos system in their system now!

Seen osd modules who you can connect video conectors and rs232, but you need to build them yourself, i'm after a finnished product!

It's network capability on the machine, just 6 months old!

• 2 months later...
We already installed a dvr who not support pos system.

The DVR name is "I3dvr 16ch" and we now need to install a text overlay system that will integrate with Cash register.

So need some kind of solution for this becouse I3dvr "Canadian company" have no plans to integrate pos system in their system now!

Seen osd modules who you can connect video conectors and rs232, but you need to build them yourself, i'm after a finnished product!

It's network capability on the machine, just 6 months old!

There are several types of POS Integration the first is fairly basic, being a Text Overlay Inserter, but beware that your output of the POS is supported by the layout of the text inserter and that return data does not need to travel from the printer back to the POS system.

The next option is to do Data Capture but that would require changing the DVR Brand, this does create a rudemntary database, so you could search for data.

Next would be to RS232 to 485 then back to 232 on a Hyperterminal and write you own interface to pop up on the screen.

But the best by far is to integrate with teh actual back office POS machine, not the registers and translate the journal ASCII to a format that is standardised then create that into a database that can be filtered by tables, this means that you can search a lot more than the simple printer output, because there is a lto more info on each sale in the journals than there is found on the printed docket.

For example data capture (usually) will allwo you to search for all the "Coke" sales, which will be hundreds, but you may want to search all "Coke" sales, that were over $50, had "cash out" and Included cigarettes and were sold by Jimmy using operator code 5000452 on Checkout 14 that included a staff discount and a voided amount....if you get the idea.

Archived