Security Installer Community

What Touch Tracker Can I Use?

Neptune769

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out which Touch Tracker I need. At the moment I am using two Ultra VII domes. I also have a Delta Dome but not hook up yet. I am using a program called CamServer for the control. I would like to go to a Touch Tracker. I have a AD2150R16-5 Matrix Switcher, AD2096A Alarm Interface & AD2083/02 Code Translator. The documentation says it will work with the ADTT. But I would like to know if the ADTTE or ADTT16E would work?

Thanks

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

There are three different types of tracker fella.

1. ADTT16e - This unit uses SensorNet (bastardised RS485) to control the dome directly. You could use one of these but it won't switch your matrix.

2. ADTT32e - This unit can only be used with the AD32 matrix switch

3. ADTTe - This tracker uses RS232 to talk to the matrix system. The matrix system then talks to the dome using RS422. The tracker doesn't talk directly to the dome, it just instructs the matrix to send telemetry information.

Hope this helps

PM me for more information. If memory serves the 2150 matrix was around when God was in short pants so it would be worth checking with Tyco Tech support that the RS232 protocol is compatible with it. The 2150 keyboard was a chuncky beast that used make-break commands. Not sure if the tracker can support this antideluvian system.

cheers

Matt

Archived